Senior Finance Advisor - Aberdeen
Exciting opportunity to join an International Energy Company as a Senior Finance Advisor in the UK organization. You will partner with the business to maximise the value of the current portfolio and collaborate across an organisation to enhance business performance!
We are offering this opportunity on a full-time basis with a hybrid working arrangement available. We are also open to candidates who would like to work for 4 days a week.
Where you fit in
The role is within the Finance skill pool based in Aberdeen. This requires effective collaboration and business partnering skills, offering the opportunity to work with a diverse range of stakeholders across the business. As an integral part of an Asset Management team your ability to successfully partner and help shape the business outcomes with the Facility Manager and wider Leadership Team (LT) members is key.
What’s the role?
You will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver the full range of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting, and structuring), and coordinate the involvement of Centre of Excellence (CoE) above pre-agreed thresholds.
- Ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected, and managed.
- Ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision-making and performance management.
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place.
- Maximise the end-to-end finance delivery engine, and actively look for opportunities to reduce non-value adding Finance activity and lead the continuous improvement journey.
- A critical member of business leadership team where Finance can make a real impact and difference based on value and risk.
- Work with Project & Functional finance in the business colleagues to fully integrate & maximise opportunities across the value chain.
- External finance lead with Joint Venture Partners; developing commercial mindset.
- Identify and deliver continuous improvement initiatives with colleagues within the Finance support team in Krakow.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from experienced finance professionals with substantial relevant finance experience, and strong track record of business performance management and business partnering.
Besides this, we would also like to see the following:
- MBA or Master’s degree in a finance related discipline or professional finance accreditation
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value, and risk. In addition, rapidly understand the specific business context.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to easily identify value drivers and relevant performance metrics.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial discipline is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and influencing skills to effectively work across interfaces and with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong people management skills with ability to motivate others and establish high performing and virtually well-connected natural working teams.
- External mindset and ability to leverage external perspectives/data/benchmarks to enable business leaders to assess business performance and take better decisions.
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they do not feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
About Shell UK
Shell is an international energy company that aims to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. It is one of the world’s largest independent energy companies, operating in more than 70 countries.
Shell has a global target to become a net zero emissions energy business by 2050. This means that Shell aims to be net zero on all emissions generated by its operations and the energy needed to power them. The company is working with customers, business, and governments to address emissions across different sectors.
In March 2022, Shell UK announced an ambition to invest between £20 to £25 billion in the UK energy system over the next decade, more than 75% of which is intended for low and zero-carbon products and services including offshore wind, hydrogen, and electric mobility. These investments, which are subject to board approval, aim to propel the UK closer to net zero whilst intending to stimulate economic growth and jobs.
Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are one of the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.