New Business Development Manager
Where you fit in
Be part of a highly energetic, passionate and experienced team - focused on development and delivery of sustainable solutions and technologies that differentiate Shell and our third-party partners. Shell Catalysts & Technology is a highly collaborative, customer centric organization with a focus on delivery of differentiated technologies and solutions which provide recognized customer value. Shell Catalysts & Technology is the launching pad for Shell developed technologies and a technology solution provider into the 3rd party market either directly or through carefully selected partners, with a focus on meeting our customer’s needs through the energy transition.
What’s the role?
The New Business Development (NDB) Manager is responsible for evaluating technology licensing opportunities and to monetize Shell developed IP (across the Shell technology portfolio) not previously commercialized in the 3rd party market through selective partnering (authorised licensors) to enable sales.
More specifically, the role will:
- Align with the Shell businesses to identify and target solutions which deliver value for Shell and our customers
- Evaluate opportunity value propositions, prioritize, and drive delivery within a natural team
- Support Sr. NBD Managers with technology evaluation including techno/economic modelling of new technology opportunities
- Where applicable, partner with technology organizations to identify opportunities to collaborate which drive projects to deliver objectives
- Align with Shell R&D and business managers around a common objective and drive to delivery
- Work within the Shell technology organization and business lines to identify technology licensing opportunities and evaluate opportunities to differentiate in the market (upstream/gas/discipline engineering/new materials/ fuels/sustainability/chemicals & refining) and build a technology strategy for a successful and sustainable market position
- Engage with senior leaders within Shell and SC&T working in natural teams to align on strategy and objectives to ultimately deliver
- Communicate the New Business Development process and align on the Ways of Working with internal stakeholders in support of the SC&T strategy
What we need from you
We’re keen to hear from passionate professionals who maintain a curiosity to learn strong technical acumen. Can engage in sales excellence - as certified deal makers and have the technical ability to understand customer needs, identify innovative solutions to build a strong value proposition and sustained customer and partner relationships.
Furthermore, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree level qualification or higher M.Sc. ideally in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Skilled commercial delivery (relevant exposure to commercial technology transfer and IP licensing experience)
- Strong commercial mindset, negotiating skills and customer focus
- Certified Deal Maker Capacity with knowledge and prior use of Sales Excellent 4D diagnostic selling tools is an advantage
- Technology acumen to work techno/economic models and develop a strong business case to launch Shell technologies as well as partner to develop new opportunities
- Skilled (commercial) negotiator with flexibility in identifying, landing and implementing a wide variety of complex agreements (marketing, partnership, joint development, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in strategy framework development to effectively map and utilize resources for a significant risked Net Present Value/Net Income Before Tax return.
- Skilled at managing contractual risk and converting new opportunities into executed contracts that manage all risks appropriately
- Skilled at leading multi-disciplinary teams without direct reports to land successful customer outcomes (finance, tax, IP, Anti-trust and Contract lawyers) to ensure compliance with Shell principles; as well as producing maximum leverage positions
- Skilled at stakeholder management and a dynamic communicator with ability to promote new ideas and opportunities to obtain buy in and funding (where appropriate)
- Willingness to travel and self-motivated to work independently in a virtual world
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Where do you fit?
- Global Pricing Lead – Convenience Retail London, United Kingdom
- Loyalty Acceleration Lead London, United Kingdom
- Power Market Analysts The Hague, Netherlands, Amsterdam, Netherlands, London, United Kingdom
- NBS Technical Manager London, United Kingdom, Hamburg, Germany, The Hague, Netherlands, Madrid, Spain
- NBS Technical Manager EMEA London, United Kingdom, Hamburg, Germany, The Hague, Netherlands, Madrid, Spain
- Power Analyst London, United Kingdom