Senior Product Manager - Electrification
Where you fit in
In the Power team within Shell’s Projects & Technology organization you are going to be part of the Electrification Group that develops Products to decarbonise fossil-based energy in industrial processes through electrification. You will be reporting to the Team Lead Electrification Products.
The Electrification Group includes a wide range of experts over the different areas of electrification from renewable generation to the various uses of renewable power to decarbonise industrial processes. The Electrification Products Team has a strong focus on electro-thermal (e.g. Power to Heat) product-based solutions, along with electro-mechanical applications and a growing focus on electro-chemical solutions.
What’s the role?
Leading multi-disciplinary teams in the conception, development, and market introduction of commercially attractive product-based solutions for the electrification of industrial processes from renewable power.
More specifically, the role requires that you:
- Overall management of the new product introduction life cycle: conception, development, demonstration, commercial deployment, and operational experience
- Form and lead cross functional teams from within the Power team and other specialist teams across Shell and external partners to deliver product-based solutions to firm schedule and budgetary commitments
- Foster product management culture through the deployment of best practices & mentoring
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging electrification technologies, especially in electro-mechanical applications
- Build and maintain knowledge of the technical and commercial characteristics of power systems (generation to industrial usage)
- Act as a primary contributor to the definition and update of the electrification product roadmap to deliver strategic goals
- Lead market, competitor, customer, and use-case analyses to develop specifications for product based-solutions
- Lead the techno-economic and business modelling of product-based solutions at the use-case level
- Manage the screening, selection, qualification, integration and activities of suppliers and partners throughout the development to market introduction life cycle
- Lead the set-up and incubation of execution capabilities to commercially delivery product-based solutions
- Bring product-based solutions knowledge to the identification and pursuit of commercial opportunities
- Direct component and system level testing to validate and demonstrate product-based solutions and their interfaces within larger integrated end-to-end solutions
- Facilitate the application of ‘agile’ based product design and development to meet product specifications
- Apply Shell’s procedures for development and project execution to deliver the targeted outcomes with a continuous focus on quality, risk management and value creation.
- Drive continued improvement in product-based solutions.
- Drive HSSE excellence always for personnel, operations and in the inherent design of the product-based solutions
What we need from you
- Master’s degree or higher in Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemical engineering, physics or a related discipline with strong component of electrical power
- Extensive experience in the development and design of equipment or key components in electro-mechanical applications or similar
- Has passion and commitment to using your knowledge/experience to help the energy transition and decarbonization of society through economically attractive solutions
- Fundamental understanding of electrification technologies and power systems
- Proven experience in the development/deployment of equipment to meet stringent customer and market specifications
- Strong commercial abilities and experience
- Proven project management skills with strong goal focus in a gated new product introduction setting
- Proficiency in deploying ‘agile’ development techniques with a continued and sharp focus on design for cost and manufacture
- Ability to fluently move your focus from macro techno-economic requirements and trade-offs to technical considerations as required
- Assured leadership skills honed through delivery of outcomes in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with proven customer facing experience
- Demonstrated relationship management experience with technical and non-technical collaborators (internal and external)
- Collaborative management style, with a commitment to an inclusive work culture and DEI
- Experience in IP strategy and management
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.