What’s the role?
We are looking for Process Engineers who will be responsible for support to the NAM/ONEgas Upstream operated gas producing assets in the Netherlands and in the United Kingdom (UK). ONEgas is a Shell/Exxon Joint Venture operating platforms offshore in the Southern North-Sea in the UK and Netherlands, as well as gas treating terminals at Bacton and Den Helder.
Dimensions of this business are given below.
We currently have two vacancies, of which one can be filled in Great Yarmouth (UK) and the other in Assen (NL). Flexible working options are available, allowing for part time/remote work. Great Yarmouth and Assen are located at easy commuting distance from the vibrant university cities of Norwich and Groningen.
ONEgas is frontrunner within Shell adopting “Agile at Scale” business model, in which small autonomous and multidisciplinary teams (squads) provide end-to-end solutions to the most urgent issues and opportunities; that our platforms and facilities face. You’ll be part of such a squad and be able to have a direct impact on Process Safety and Business bottom line.
Next to the technical development in the Process Engineering discipline, there is the possibility to grow in adoption of agile methodology and develop into multi-skilled technical professional; who looks outside of the boundaries and manages interfaces with other disciplines.
- Actively participate and integrate discipline contributions to squad work supporting modifications, day-to-day operational issues and projects
- The incumbent is expected to play an integrating role in one of the two asset production support squads
- Be part of a team that embodies our “compass values”: urgency, simplicity, unity, courage & humility
- Drive compliance with the essential Process Safety Standards and emissions regulations
- Ensure design integrity through fit for purpose application of industry standards and guidelines
Support to Asset
- Provide high quality process engineering input in various own squad workflows
- Provide process engineering support to producing facilities. This includes (but is not limited to) troubleshooting to resolve operational problems and restore or increase production. Conducting surveillance to enhance reliability and keeping production at capacity, also finding optimization and debottlenecking opportunities to reduce OPEX
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in Chemical Engineering
- Process Engineering knowledge at level, which allows for independent decision making on plant modifications, ensuring safety, operability and economic design
- Able to work in small agile squad providing direct front-line support. Growing deep technical knowledge of the Cluster supported
- Demonstrated experience in participation in engineering reviews - such as HAZOP and IPF/SRS
- Proficient in process simulation (e.g. Unisim, Pipesim)
- Understanding of the wider engineering process. Previous work experience on upstream (brownfield) projects and operated assets is preferable
- Proven to substantial year’s experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Knowledge of International Engineering guidelines and standards (e.g. API 520 & 521 as well as equipment specific codes) and willingness to get familiar with additional Shell internal standards
- Flexible in terms of work location, willing to travel to production locations and offices on regular basis. Also will undertake regular (but infrequent) trips to offshore production facilities are an essential dimension of the job
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone applies, when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation and life experiences to apply.
Asset ONEgas is a large and technically/commercially complex asset which comprises the full range of lifecycle stages, from exploration activities, greenfield and brownfield projects, operate and maintain wells and facilities to produce some 150 kboe/d a small NOV portfolio; as well as abandonment activities.
ONEgas is a key supplier to the UK and NL gas markets. ONEgas produces some 8% of the total UK and NL production fulfilling a significant portion of the local gas demand. Key dimensions for the ONEgas asset (100%): 90 producing fields; 54 offshore installations, 2 gas plants, 360+ wells; 8 production systems; 15 sales contracts; some 800+ Shell staff for ONEgas, across various disciplines, of which some ~350 in own reporting lines.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had or make career moves they never thought possible.