Analytics Testing Specialist
The Testing Specialist will work closely with the Business and Delivery teams to execute the test strategy and to meet identified business needs and deliver business value. Key challenge is to complete test preparation & test execution on time and provide overall delivery on time without much oversight.
Work closely with Scrum and BA team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and ability to design test cases, to provide feedback on design, both functional and technical. Identify test cases from Acceptance Criteria for the User Stories, estimate work and participate in design reviews. Work on frameworks to ensure continuous deployment and continuous integration.
- Define the test strategy and approach.
- Work closely with developers, support, offshore/onshore for various testing activities including test case/script writing, clarification, data load, etc.
- Tracking updates and progress of the testing schedules.
- Assigning tasks to other team members for testing.
- Reviewing the test case/Scripts for other team members and guiding them as well for test case writing & Script development.
- Analyze formal test results to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues in TFS.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders
- Estimate and prioritize tasks for individual test teams
- Prepare various metrics and reports like test closure report as per requirement.
- Recommend improvements to the testing processes to create efficiencies
- Write and execute string, integration, and regression as appropriate
- 7+ hands-on years of experience on SQL Server/Oracle/SAP HANA
- Working experience in ETL testing including Data Completeness and Data Quality for various data feeds coming from the source
- Experience in database testing, data comparison & data transformation scripting
- Good knowledge Data Warehousing concepts & Data Modelling
- Must have good hands-on experience in creating Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, Cursors, Hashtables and handling large data types.
- Should know about working of Joins, Subqueries, CTEs and complex query writing skills
- Experience in testing of reports, BO Universe
- Experienced in structured test methods and processes
- Experience in Agile methodologies and DevOps would be added advantage
- Exposure to Azure Platform – Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Databricks
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent with At least 7 years of proven experience in testing/development roles, and a proven track record of strong performance in a similar position