Where you fit in
ID Engineering drives you with the business value through providing world class technical, functional and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time, in the right place. In IT Engineering you will have opportunities to work on IT projects, programme and products across the value chain of Shell. Our technical career paths will support your personal development through learning and certifications. We are the home of technical talent where you can grow your career, develop leading edge skills and deepen your business knowledge.
What’s the role
As a Business Analyst your primarily responsible will take part in business analysis activities which will include both project work and improvement enhancements, meanwhile work alongside Project Managers, developers, and other BAs to provide IT solutions and support to meet business needs. In your IDE-ERP career at Shell you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
- Minimum 12 Years of Corporate Experience with 4-year Degree related to IT/MBA (Finance)/CA
- Minimum of two E2E implementation on S4 HANA Projects, working on all facets of finance process from system design to post go live support
- Knowledge in Bank Accounting, Asset Accounting, Account Payables, Accounts Receivables, Cash Management and Special Purpose Ledger Accounting is a must
- Should have good understanding of Finance Close, Consolidation and Group reporting activities.
- Overall knowledge of SAP Finance solutions with strong knowledge of Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting processes and best practices.
- Expertise in the configuration, testing and implementation of Financial Accounting (FI) and Managerial Accounting (CO).
- Additional experience with general Controlling functions COPA, PCA, Material Ledger (including Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Allocations, and Activity Pricing) and intercompany transactions.
- Fully understand and apply Group Accounting Policies and relevant Group & Finance Standards & Practices
- Well versed with S4 HANA system implementation methodology
What we need from you
This Experience in delivering complete S4 HANA Finance Accounting solutions to the business, proficient in analyzing and translating Business/Process requirements to technical requirements
- Performs the S4 HANA configurations & ensures that Build standards are adhered to best practices.
- Understands the S4 HANA configurations & master data activities with cross functional area Integration with other modules.
- Understanding of Business requirements and develop the IT Solution by working along with Process Architects/Design Authorities
- Works with Lead Business Analyst/Process Experts to develop technical design specification for solutions with high complexity
- Performs Unit Test, and supports Integration Test for the applicable solutions
- Undertake Problem Analysis to identify root causes of incidents, escalating findings within the Line and Business, to minimize such incidents re-occurring
- Drive resolution of defects during test cycles and hyper care as well as for critical incidents.
- Define and Safeguard IT solution to ensure Robust, Supportable & Scalable to ensure IT documentations are updated prior to CAB meetings.
- Propose any possible functional improvement in the existing solutions.
- Has detailed functional understanding of the application / module in their scope and how this is supporting the business process
- Ensure that all changes are properly and extensively documented.
- Fully comply with and adhere to, all Group IT standards and Processes.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
· We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
· We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
· We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.