IT Business Analyst – SSW
Where you fit in
This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community. ProjectsBusiness Analysis is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems.
What’s the role
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
- Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
- Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
- Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
- Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas. Guide and manage interactions with technology vendors.
- Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of large design sessions.
- Lead teams to complete business analysis on projects. Set the direction for business analysis activities within large programmes or strategic initiatives.
- Support longer-term business strategic goals through proposing improvements in value, cost, process, data, technology, functionality, and initiating high-level business requirements and feasibility studies to discover options and directions.
- Champion the development of long-term Business Analysis capability within Shell through bringing external perspectives, coaching others about BA techniques, identifying and promoting best practices, and contributing to community building.
What we need from you
- At least 9 years in IT with some leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Business analyst experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related filed or equivalent.
- Strong Agile framework project experience
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modeling.
- Knowledge of the technology landscape including current and future developments and the most commonly available products and integrated solutions.
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
- Experience developing cost/benefit analysis and building business cases.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to communicate concisely and clearly.
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) or PMI-PBA certification preferred.
- Lean Practitioner training and experience are an asset.
- Exposure to Oil and Gas industry is an advantage
- Exposure to project and Engineers space is an advantage
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential
We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Where do you fit?
- Senior Software Engineer - Blockchain Bengaluru, India
- SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER- APro Bengaluru, India
- IDT Product Manager Bengaluru, India
- Transformational Change Consultant Bengaluru, India
- Sr IDT Advisor-Transformation&Engagement Bengaluru, India
- Associate IT Ops Engineer- Shell.ai Bengaluru, India