IT Operations Engineer- Data Engineering
If you wish to be part of Shell’s culture and continuous transformation journey particularly within the IT Business, Product and Delivery Management space, then here’s a great opportunity to be exposed to working with various businesses as you further your career!
Where you fit in
Your scope covers service management activities, Hybrid on-premise and Cloud operational landscapes with many integration points; and the integration of the interdependent services of diverse internal and external service providers into end-to-end services which deliver value to Shell.
What’s the role
- Main priority is the daily operations of the Run & Maintain of the landscapes and ensure that all the works are done accordingly to the general controls as per documented in the application summary file
- Activities are mainly related to 2nd and 3rd line support
- Monitoring and managing automated tasks (incl. scheduling batch tasks) on application level.
- Coordinating and monitoring data distributions, data archiving, reorganization, and housekeeping activities in relation to the application(s) environment
- Maintenance and communication related to the application maintenance calendar
- Coordination of application support package installation (with support teams and suppliers) and co-ordination of supplier-initiated changes
- The application support of technical IT tools (i.e. RevTrack, Solution Manager) and translate business needs to functions in the systems
- Execute specific control tasks and reporting by following documented work instructions as part of the segregation of duty as per required in the supported application summary file
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent
- At least 5+ years of experience in an application support environment, experience in system operations and expert knowledge of the operational production environments of the specific application portfolios
- Solid hands-on experience in a full lifecycle Data Analytics projects, Azure Data Analytics services, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lakes, Azure SQL Datawarehouse, Azure Analysis services, Stream Analytics, including Python, Scala, PySpark, SQL. Preferred to have data visualization knowledge tools like PowerBI, PowerApps, Power Automate, etc.,
- Experience in building application deployment automation using CI/CD tools and other industry standard deployment and configuration tools.
- Solid experience with D&A technologies, architectures, and patterns.
- In depth knowledge and experience with Data & Analytics solutions, reference architectures, DevOps models, Security, Scripting, Automation
- Demonstrated capacity to use standard modelling approaches, tools, and model repositories. Experience working in an Agile environment and substantial experience in IT roles such as Implementation, operations, consultancy, business analysis & D&A architecture.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.