IT Operations Engineer- IoT
IT Operations Engineer- IoT is responsible for the operations of Azure IoT landscapes and the delivery of day-to-day application services according to agreed Service Levels within their scope. They are the service integrator to ensure applications landscapes remain available and compliant. They drive Incident/Problem resolution, ensure regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations. They assist with supportability and transition activities of enhancements and project releases. This includes understanding business functional and non-functional requirements and the service impact of operational activities.
The IT Operations Engineer- IoT specifically, will have expertise in the skills required for MS Azure.
- Deployment & configuration of applications on Azure platform
- Provide support for deployed solutions in a production IaaS environment
- Engage in production support activities
- Drive Incident/Problem resolution in collaboration with other SOM and project teams.
- Ensure that end-to-end performance is monitored and maintained to high level of quality, standards, supportability and operability as defined within negotiated and agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and to propose and implement necessary Service Improvements.
- Be responsible for the execution/deployment of releases and approval of service changes.
- Promote Continuous Improvement culture within own scope of accountability (within Shell team and 3rd party suppliers)
Dimensions and Special Challenges
- The landscapes are globally used and have a high level of integration.
- Must occasionally work UK/US overlap hours to connect with global team members (can take calls/meetings remotely),
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level, preferably in Information Technology
- 3-5 years of experience in an IT application support environment supporting critical business applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of using ServiceNow for ITIL incident, problem and change processes.
- Deep knowledge of service support, operation & design processes (ITIL)
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure landscapes including underlying infrastructure concepts
- Experience of managing, operating and fault finding Azure IoT services such as Azure IoT Hub and,Device Provisioning Service
- Operating Systems Management (Windows, Linux) – knowledge of Cloud management tooling, such as: ServiceNow, PowerBI, PowerShell
- Good understanding DevOps, Agile methodologies, CI/CD and tools like VSTS, Azure Devops , Powershell, JSON, IAAC
• Enterprise Monitoring Tools for infrastructure and applications (knowledge of Azure App Insights, OMS, Security Center etc.)
Security Architecture – knowledge of Access Management & Security Protocols (Azure AD), SSL Certificate/Key Management, OAuth, SAML or OpenID Connect.
• Knowledge of Storage architecture and technologies
• TCP/IP Networking – knowledge of routing, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, messaging & security
• Databases – knowledge of relational databases & integration (Oracle, SQL, other)
- Beneficial to have experience with IT project participation
- Ability to operate in a global, virtual cross-cultural organization, working in different time zones.
- Ability to build credibility and relationships with Business SOM/Service Manager .
- Ability to influence others and work through others to deliver the desired results.
- Be able to work under pressure. Deliver solutions fast, but to quality standards and in a compliant way
- Risk, Security, and Audit compliance experience.