IT Ops Lead – Global LNG
Shell LNG Marketing and Trading (SLMT) is the market leader in LNG, with one of the most diversified portfolios and largest market footprint. Over the next decade, the LNG market will become more commoditized. Greater competition, more liquidity, deployment of complex analytics and AI in LNG trading combine to create a different, more competitive environment.
Where you fit in
Shell uses Energy Trading Risk Management (ETRM) software for the lifecycle of the Trading process, from trade capture, through scheduling the commodity for delivery, to actuating settlement and capturing the transactions in accounting, multiple application build on Azure data functions and reporting for trade decisions. As part of the IT Operations team, IT Ops Lead is responsible for delivering smooth operations of applications and their related back-end technology.
What’s the role
- Build key relationships with multiple parties like IT Business Managers, Competence Centre Managers, Application Managed Service providers, Infrastructure Service providers etc.
- Technical and functional skills, influencer, Data &Analytics exposure
- Ensure regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations and assist with evidence collection.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the business, processes, applications, information, and data associated with the portfolio.
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement and drive to get them implemented.
- Act as a functional expert for both business process and management information in the delivery space.
- Represent at the design sessions which take place each sprint within the SLMT D&A team to ensure design and development from the start considers not only IRM and architecture needs, but also supportability requirements.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Independently captures and tracks risks and issues and maintains change logs. Examines project documentation/data for completeness and accuracy. Follows up with project team members as required. Produces operational reports and ensures that status reporting is fit for purpose, complete, timely, accurate, and communicated effectively.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree related to IT and at least 9-12 years of experience working in an operations team closely associated with fast- paced project delivery teams using agile methods.
- Experience of delivery within a trading environment and working directly with traders.
- Possess strong environment management skills, especially in Azure Cloud (App Service, Function App, Storage Account, Azure Data Factory, Cosmos DB, Azure Key Vault, Log Analytics, Vnet/subnet).
- Knowledge of physical commodities trading markets and organizations (LNG, physical gas or oil).
- Technologies used: Python, Bokeh, Holoviz Panel, Docker, Terraform, Azure DevOps, .NET Core, React, API Services, Azure SQL Database, Alteryx, Power BI, Power Query, and Power Automate.
- Exposure to Compliance and Application Support roles and delivery experience as a Developer in the past.
- Exhibit confidence in challenging decisions with well-thought-out arguments and demonstrate excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Collaborative team player who proactively communicates and shares knowledge.
- Experience in working flexibly and independently on various project types, structured and unstructured.