Operation Landscape Manager
Job Title: IT Operations Lead
What’s the Role?
Operations Landscape Manager will have end to end accountability for the application performance (operations, innovation, business confidence and financials) which includes working across a delivery chain that involves many players: applications, infrastructure, software vendors, outsource partners, etc., comes with the territory too.to meet business defined service levels.
Being an Operations Landscape Manager at Shell involves managing the L2 Functional support for S4 Applications including Incident, change and problem management to ensure secure and reliable operations. It also involves acting as the escalation point between IT, business, and 3rd parties for any deterioration in service levels. And, along the way, you’ll regularly liaise with your colleagues in Bangalore and work with senior stakeholders in other business verticals from Europe, Asia and the Americas, including sometimes meeting with them in and/or out of the country.
A typical day might see you reviewing incoming Incident, Problem and changes, considering the impact of technology on business processes or focusing on how we can resolve issues in the system. You’ll sometimes find yourself thinking ‘What can we do better?’ and working with finance operations, process architects and other colleagues to come up with the answers. And, although you won't be doing a hands-on role yourself, there will be a lot of engagement with third parties to prioritize and coordinate their work activities – and you’ll be their focal point. We expect you to challenge and ‘lead’ these third parties with your technical knowledge and experience.
The Following are key accountabilities: -
· End to end accountability for all aspects of IT function to the business, including escalation point for operational and delivery issues as per agreed Service Levels for S4 finance module of applications.
· Ensure Incident tickets service restored with in SLA and root cause analysis as per problem management.
· Ensure change management for bug fixes and configurations changes for request tickets.
· Manage end to end regression testing for finance module for S4 applications
· Ensure Change Tickets are reviewed appropriately and approved, ensuring no critical issues in production.
· Manage Stakeholders and Communication. Stakeholders include End users, Super Users, Process Experts, Delivery Teams,
· Ensure that end to end performance is monitored for Incident & Problem Resolution and other Operational activities, Period end closure activities and delivered & maintained to high level of quality, standards, supportability and operability as defined within negotiated and agreed BSLA.
· Active demonstration of initiating and driving continuous improvements to improve Operational Excellence, especially cost effectiveness, and bringing business added value.
· No direct reports.
· Indirect Reports in 3rd party supplier support teams supporting our applications.
· Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams. Managing multiple delivery priorities and multiple demand requests. Working with multiple stakeholders in various organizations.
· Risks - License to Operate, Global reputation, $100's of millions at risk.
· Failure within these systems could have effects on Shell's reputation and ability to participate in these markets and fines would be very substantial.
· This position manages overall delivery, outages, for landscapes thereby ensuring availability, reliability, and overall supportability on a 7x24, 365 day basis. If this job is not done well and accurately, any/all of the repercussions above could occur.
· The role is required to work in UK shift hours
What we need from you?
- Minimum 9 to 12 years of experience, with sufficient SAP operations experience with strong Functional/Configuration skills primarily in SAP ECC and S4 Finance, Controlling and JVA.
- Possess SAP/R3 & S4 Finance integration knowledge.
- Experience in applications support L2/L3 and support processes, specifically ITIL
- Ability to operate in a virtual cross-cultural organization
- Prior experience in IT with applications support and IT services management
- Attention to detail to ensure services are run effectively and in compliance with controls and SLA, ensuring mitigation of risks and impact on business activities.
- Ownership and ability to drive outcomes with a value driven mindset
- Ability to take periodic calls outside of working hours to facilitate working in a global environment with a proven record of delivering against stretch targets