Product Manager - Servicenow GRC
A brand-new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Servicenow GRC (Governance Risk Compliance) Product Manager to join Shell and be part of a dynamic team that will deliver and transform IRM solutions that will be used by more than 10,000 employees and suppliers.
Where you fit in
As a member of the IRM IT Portfolio team you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as Shell transforms its business to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050. Whilst delivering a world class business case we need to ensure we protect our license to operate and manage the many IT risks (both internal and external) we face across the globe. Within this role you will be leading the way in defining how Shell will transform IRM/compliance related activities to the “Next Generation” of world class IRM.
What’s the role?
As a Product Manager, you will be effectively defining and shaping the IRM related products that will be implemented in Shell over the next five years. Collaborating with other IT and IRM professionals you will be defining and shaping the IRM related ServiceNow products including: defining the product vision, bringing forward the best technology/solutions to solve business problems (e.g. technology and innovation funnels), co-create product roadmap and related success metrics, and create value through an ambitious product roadmap and development.
Your further accountabilities include the following:
- Sets the direction for the Servicenow GRC product line aligned to business / Product Owner vision and agreed KPIs
- Manages senior level stakeholders for the IRM GRC product to ensure tight orchestration, early warning on new requirements and early warning on potential unmet needs and problems, or project blockers.
- Provides technology/innovation advisory towards IRM lines of businesses and Product Owners that products ensure that right innovative technologies are offered as possible ideas to solve complex business problems
- Champions use of product data and aggregated product line insights across respective product roadmaps (ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, Secops) to ensure aligned and connected vision and roadmap.
- Speak as confidently to technical and vendor (Servicenow) teams about product development and to IRM commercial stakeholders about complex product line challenges.
- Focuses on maximizing the adoption of high-impact digitalization. Finds the optimal adoption mix of new and emerging technologies to support the IRM Next Generation Transformation agenda. Accelerate the maturation and replication of new capability (e.g. controls automation) at scale.
- Represent IRM on key Architectural and Platform decision making forums ensuring design decisions and roadmaps are represented in line with Business Value and OOTB (Out of the Box) aims.
- Guide IRM Product owner (process) decisions and enables the process of investment decision making across products within the product line.
- Drives rigour in KPI fulfilment to ensure key platform/product measures are met for Servicenow GRC (Operational Stability, Performance, Security, Supportability including elimination of customization)
- Act as a control point for deviations to Out of the Box, and act as an escalation point to maintain Enterprise technology and data standards to avoid technical debt.
- Demonstrates strong commercial acumen and industry/market curiosity.
- Champions preferred ways of working across the Servicenow delivery teams ensuring best use of agreed agile and devops approaches, methods and frameworks.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from professionals who demonstrate technical skills in defining and implementing Servicenow GRC (Governance Risk Compliance) product in mid-size or large organizations, an understanding of IRM related process, and experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager.
Further requirements are as follows:
- 10+ years of total related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any IT-related field.
- Must be Servicenow certified (minimum ServiceNow CIS – Risk and Compliance).
- Senior Product Manager or Chief Product Owner experience +5 years .
- Strong understanding of digital capabilities provided by Servicenow GRC and how these solutions can be applied in a mid-large sized organization. Technical capability to match.
- A sound understanding and knowledge of IRM processes, activities and concepts.
- Proven leadership skills, with experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams. Ability to deliver through others.
- Practical experience of working in and with techniques such as agile, scrum, design thinking and in creation of Minimum Viable Products/Propositions (MVPs).
- Ability to inspire others to action and drive quality and pace in equal measure to enable successful business outcomes.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.