• Has deep knowledge about a specific discipline, but not yet regarded as an internal or external expert. Works under general guidance and work instructions (work is being checked by manager or senior colleagues), which requires a comprehensive combination of applied and theoretical knowledge. Job requires a solid understanding of R&D standard principles. Applies standard R&D techniques or procedures to assigned tasks.
• Coordinates activities performed by subcontractors and suppliers.
• Engages with one or more (groups of) internal and external (i.e. research / academic institutions) stakeholders on operational level. Scale and severity of consequences if things go wrong is limited, involving some stakeholder management.
• Design activities concentrate on standard topics (directed by standards and procedures).
- Experience of developing computational research software for analysis and processing of scientific images in CT scanning, electron microscopy, optical imaging.
- Experience of developing computational simulations for fluid flow in porous media such as catalyst structures, batteries and subsurface simulations.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with project delivery in subsurface, downstream and energy transitions domain, safety leadership.
- Demonstrated experiences of reporting and communicating scientific outcomes inside and outside Shell e.g. Shell reports, Techxplorer, external, peer reviewed scientific publications.
- This job profile contains generic information and does not describe individual positions or required job competencies. Grading decisions will also depend on other factors.