Risk and Control Advisor
The Risk & Controls Advisor (Controls Specialist) position is a highly visible and pivotal role to enable the Chemicals, Products & Site Operations portfolio to meet all Information Risk Management, Controls and Compliance challenges now and in the future. The incumbent needs to drive delivery through the Chemicals, Products & Site Operations portfolio to ensure risk, controls and compliance requirements are met in a standard and coordinated fashion, including the follow-up of all formal findings and remediation. Delivery requires close co-operation with (external) auditors, Second Line of Defense (Information Risk Management) and internal IT stakeholders.
What is the role
The Risk & Controls Advisor will bring to bear a unique combination of skills; combining expertise on IT General Controls, Audit, Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC), strategic thinking, stakeholder management, and a solid ability to work with/through others to continually deliver in this highly critical environment.
The role of the Risk & Controls Advisor has the following core accountabilities:
• Provide subject matter expert support, guidance and leadership on IT General Controls (including SOX and other Legal & Regulatory) information risk management, application security, compliance and assurance matters.
• Establish, build and enhance the skill set of Control Owners and Operators within Downstream to ensure a consistent and sustained level of risk and controls capabilities is achieved for the application and infrastructure landscapes.
• Facilitate with issues identified during testing and monitoring. Plan and work with control owners and operators and the relevant testing team.
• Be actively involved in process and control design, working towards control standardization and best practices includes Risk & Control Identification (RCI) and Project Delivery.
• Work closely together with our Control Owners and Operators and monitor and steer them where needed. Coach management and staff to understand their role in risk and controls.
What we need from you
We are keen to hear from individuals with a degree of any course with 5 to 10 years of experience from a reputed institute and companies. You’ll ideally have sufficient experience on IT General Control and Control Execution, and exposure in Control Design is a plus.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.