Senior Support Engineer
Where you fit in
As Senior Support Engineer for the ServiceNow team, you are responsible to engage with IT stakeholders and ServiceNow DevOps Analysts, Business Analysts & Product Owners, working in a tight-knit virtual team across the globe and sometimes presenting to various levels in the organization.
What’s the role
- A key responsibility you will have, is overseeing the day-to-day running of the CSDM team ServiceNow Incidents and Stories across all of Shell IT.
- You will meet with ServiceNow vendor representatives throughout the year regarding new ServiceNow CSDM capabilities that you must evaluate how Shell may be able to utilize to save IT time, improve CMDB data quality or provide better insights so actions / decisions can be taken based on ServiceNow CMDB data.
- Managing ad-hoc requests to the CSDM team while still delivering on team commitments.
- Ensure the CSDM team will support IT on ServiceNow CMDB data.
What we need from you
- Degree in IT and/Management.
- Experience: 9 to 12 years.
- Demonstrated Technical Lead or potential with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong background in ServiceNow CMDB, CSDM, ServiceNow Scripting, API’s and ServiceNow Platform.
- Mastery in Shell ServiceNow Agile & Scrum with specific ServiceNow experience in stories, tasks, defects, Daily Stand-Ups, Backlog Refinements, Retrospectives, and Sprint Planning
- Certification in ServiceNow area (preferred: ITSM Implementation Specialist, CAD and System Administrator)
- Substantial IT experience and knowledge in one or more ServiceNow areas or data setup: ITSM, ITBM/SPM, SecOps, GRC/ IRM and ITOM
- Be a champion of Shell’s diversity, equity & inclusion behaviors
- Organized, self-motivated, results-oriented with excellent attention to detail, as accuracy and completeness of a CMDB data quality is of key importance
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Ability to deal with conflict and ambiguity effectively.
- Excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
- There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
- Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
- To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.