Site IT Operations Manager
In Shell’s multi-supplier ecosystem, business applications management is the front line of the overall support landscape. Ensuring that applications meet the business agreed Service Level Agreements is key to Shell business continuity, e.g. delivering fuel and lubricants to retail stations, issuing invoices, quarterly financial reporting, etc.
The AMS (Application Managed Services) Team is responsible for AOMS (Application Operate Managed Services) contracts that provide support for over 30% of Shell’s application portfolio. The AMS team is responsible for fixed Price Managed Services contracts with Shell’s support suppliers covering all Shell businesses. Once these global contracts have been agreed they require operationalization to ensure Shell reaps the benefits of the contracts both in terms of cost savings, efficiencies through reinforcement of the service delivery model and leveraging supplier expertise in Applications Management.
This role reports into the Contract Holder of AOMS contracts and ensures coherence between the different supplier management processes used to support these contracts, supports the operationalization of signed contracts, supports contract maintenance, and the budget planning for contracts expenditures & forecasting.
Contract Management – end to end lifecycle – start, renew, extend, changes (add/de-scope), Define & negotiate SLAs
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Raise Business Requirements
- Perform Business Case analysis
- Manage Contract Change Notes, New contracts and renewals & report savings
- Procedures manual owner and enforcement
- Ensure alignment with Legal, OLMs and C&P
- Demand Management (Request for Service)
- Execute Clearing House (issues tracking)
- Ensure visibility of all business demands
- Adopt the Standard Contract (SOW)
- Enforcement of Service Credits
- Maintain Contract repository
- Manage end to end spend with the supplier which would include
- Bill verification before payment
- Get Approvals from Delivery Teams
- Perform Quality Checking and Check Against Service Reviews Minutes (ensure changes that impact pricing are applied timely/correctly)
- Manage the Errors (Issues Log)
- Support Booking of payments (help the suppliers when there is an issue on the Shell side)
- Create and Maintain SoWs in IQN
- Perform Monthly and Year End Accruals
- Alignment between application status in ServiceNow, Collective and Schedule 3
- Work with suppliers to get the timely invoices in tool and resolution of billing issues
- Provide IQN Monthly Summary
Supplier Performance Management - Manage supplier performance end to end and not just SLAs/CSLs, manage spend, apply Service Credits, systemic issues, supplier risk
- Represents overall Supplier activities and performance (cost/quality) to stakeholders.
- Holds monthly Supplier Performance Reviews for each Managed Services contracts managed by the Applications Operate Managed Services Team.
- Provides input into continuous improvement for Applications Operate Managed Services team processes and tools for alignment with business needs.
- Works with suppliers and delivery teams to implement service improvement plans identified via the Supplier monthly performance reviews.
- Analyses performance metrics against the agreed SLA for the portfolio of applications and high-lights areas for improvement.
- Evaluates key performance indicator trends and liaises with the supplier and stakeholders and Ensure RTG (Return To Green) plan is in place to drive corrective actions till closure
- Ensures Services Credits are applied in-line with contractual Service Level Agreements to meet Shell’s Global Control 20 (GC20).
- Provides supplier management reporting across LoB
- Accountable for annual Managed Services Contracts user Baseline review
- Drive bi-weekly operational meetings with supplier to discuss pro-actively on commercial & operational items
- Drive Service Improvement meetings to closure with suppliers & shell stakeholders to remediate the systemic IT issues
- Supplier performance feedback summary
Relationship Management – good working relationship with stakeholders & Suppliers. Proactively manage issues before they get into escalations and become a dispute. Manage Disputes.
- Align with IT standards for Service Management and Performance Management while ensuring that business needs are not compromised
- Builds effective operational relationships with business stakeholders to effectively manage operational emergencies.
- Builds effective relationships with SOMs in the IDSO organization and the Competency Center Managers in the Delivery Vertical organization. Through these relationships understand the service needs of business stakeholders.
- Supports the Performance Management Leads to represent the Applications Operate Bundle Management Team in all interactions with stakeholders.
- Together with Stakeholders ensures that appropriate end-to-end communications channels are in place.
- Manages relationships and agreements with suppliers of operational services to IDSO and Delivery Verticals.
- Anticipates problems acting in a pro-active way with the Vendors in order to keep the service under good quality and avoid relationship deterioration.
- Acts as focal point and escalation path for your area of focus.
- Acts as trusted advisor to project teams and support organizations on support & transition matters. Close interaction required with many global stakeholders crossing a number of functions.
- Provides guidance and advice on contracting activities and Managed Services Processes and Tools
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in service delivery role in or for a multinational enterprise
- Experience managing complex global contracts
- Expert in service management processes
- Expert in supplier performance management
- Proven experience in negotiation skills
- Proven experience in relationship management
- Proven experience in vendor management
- Knowledge of application lifecycle management
- Proven experience in technical understanding and ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
- Knowledge of all MS office applications, ServiceNow, PowerBI(Optional)
- Self-starter with good analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a global virtual team environment
- Knowledge of IT outsourcing and Applications Management
- Experience on service contract administration and payments in general (Strong on controls competencies)
- ITIL Service Management Foundation certification.
- Significant experience of managing contract and working closely with suppliers (or as a supplier) to ensure the delivery of IT services
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Strong leadership and initiative required-advanced analytical skills and experience of financial and service data reporting.