ID Services and Operations (IDSO) provides an extensive global portfolio of IT services to Shell. The IDSO challenge is to deliver services required by the business and yet remain within affordability ceilings. Business demand for IT services is constant and business activity and strategic growth place a constant pressure on IT spend. Consequently, ITSO needs to provide secure and reliable operations and services while also delivering cost reduction opportunities and containing business requested demand growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the application landscape of ServiceNow application. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively. You’ll be the day to day service integrator in the IT Service Operations organization, supporting Delivery Management to provide efficient and effective services and contribute to Top Quartile performance in costs and processes.
The ServiceNow DevOps Engineer is end to end accountable for the operations of the landscapes and the delivery of the E2E application services according to the agreed Service Levels and/or Operate Level Agreements. They are the service integrator to ensure applications landscapes remain compliant. They also build knowledge of relevant information risks and regulatory requirements.
- Working with the project to deliver a supportable initial implementation
- Represent the voice of IT Operations during the initial implementation of ServiceNow SecOps & Risk InsighT Module, which is delivered by a project team, utilizing an external implementation partner.
- Working with and in this project team early on to understand and influence the configuration of the solution and challenging the project to ensure that non-functional requirements relating to supportability are taken into account. Driving a clear support model, in which the role of IT Operations, Project Delivery and the IT as a customer are clearly understood.
- Contributing to the sprints to help the project deliver successfully
- Transitioning into a knowledgeable E2E support engineer in the DevOps team, once the project completes, the external implementation partner leaves, and the internal DevOps team (you) takes over to run and further enhance the product.
Post initial implementation: E2E Support Engineer as the solution is run and enhanced in DevOps mode
- Own and coordinate support tickets, incident and problem resolutions as a second/third line support engineer. Restoration of service may be internal, and may involve reaching out to other support teams in Shell IT and SaaS vendors.
- Ensure the end-to-end SaaS landscape (i.e. SaaS, Interfaces, Reporting, authentication , etc.) remains available, reliable, secure and compliant.
- Collaborate with other IT support teams and SaaS/Cloud suppliers, and understand their OLAs, SLAs and ways of working, and how this impacts the successful delivery of our product to the IT Service Management function.
- Ensure availability, reliability, consistency of data throughout all integrated applications in the SaaS landscape (input-output)
- Ensure regulatory and compliance controls are executed in landscape operations and collect evidence centrally and pro-actively plan execution of controls on yearly basis
- Manage relationships with third party teams and vendors.
- Continuously increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services. Changes / Configuration
- Request Management; Execute standard Requests
- Change Management; Assess/Implement configurations and enhancements
- Business processes: Configure application for IT processes. Work as one team with IT process support teams and other Tier2 technical teams to ensure seamless delivery and solutions according to specifications.
- Release Management: Ensure impact analysis is done on the integrating applications and technologies for periodic technical and/or content releases of the SaaS solution. Ensure proper communications are sent and trainings delivered through the business support teams.
- Supportability: ensure changes, configurations and project deliverables/solutions are successfully delivered into the SaaS landscape.
Mandatory Qualifications and Skills
- Solid ServiceNow SecOps (all modules) & Risk InsighT (all modules) technical skills based on both trainings but also practical experience
- Minimum of 24 months’ experience with configuring and/or administering/supporting ServiceNow
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development and continuous delivery
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and use metrics to track progress against the intended time-line
- Prior experience working in agile/scrum delivery teams
- Demonstrated strong understanding of data architecture, data modelling and data reporting
- Experience in working with and managing third party vendors, including SaaS vendors
- Experience as a software engineer
- Self-starter and able to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Strong stakeholder, interpersonal relationship, and negotiation skills to work with multiple stakeholders across organizational and business boundaries at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style, both face-to-face and virtually
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Very good knowledge of ITIL – all process management aspects
- 4-7 years software engineering and/or systems support
- Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
- Willing to work in shift operations (12x5 support coverage).
- GRC knowledge will be added advantage for Risk InsighT.
- Cyber Defense knowledge will be added advantage for SecOps.
- Experience of creating/managing Custom Application in ServiceNow
- Good Hands On experience in UI Policies, Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, HTM, CSS
- Good Experience on Flow Designer, Flow Actions
- Good Experience on Workflow creation
- Candidate must have experience in creating Notifications, Notification Email Scripts
- Candidate must have good experience on the Scheduled Jobs, Transform Maps, Import Sets, Event Triggers
- Candidate should have REST API Integration knowledge
- Candidate should have good understanding of Service Portal development
- Candidate must have good experience in Catalog Design, Order Guides.
- ITIL Knowledge
Dimensions and Special Challenges
- Working with a project team for the initial implementation, then transitioning into a DevOps operations team that will grow around you as the implementation partner exits
- A system used globally by IT professionals (heavy users, ~10 000) and all Shell end users (100 000) across the globe;
- Virtual working in a global environment with culturally diverse teams and across many organizational boundaries (within and across IT support and delivery organizations, incl. suppliers)
- Managing multiple delivery priorities, multiple demand requests and complex issues
- High degree of application, technology and SaaS landscape complexity and integration
- Works as one team with business support teams to ensure seamless deployments of changes and maximum added value for the business by proposing continuous improvements in line with the business needs and strategy