City/State Bintulu Work Location Bintulu
- Maintain SMDS manufacturing standard in compliance with ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements, and ISO 17025 certification status.
- Contribute to SMDS manufacturing deliveries fulfill consistent SMDS product qualities and meet product certification according to customer’s product specifications at all times.
- Lab Technician performs testing, calibration, and other related laboratory task assigned to them. Assures reliable and high-quality analysis by strictly adhering to test methods, lab procedures, and work instructions.
- Conduct testing and calibration in compliance with test methods, laboratory procedures, work instructions, and HSE controls.
- Adhere to laboratory sampling and testing schedule for routine testing request and Laboratory Ad-Hoc Request (LAR) for non-routine testing requests including product development testing and experiment.
- Conduct activities in accordance with company HSEQ requirements, business principles, ISO17025, ISO 9001, ISO14001, and OHSAS 18001.
- Carries out scheduled calibration, verification, and maintenance when required by procedures
- Manage and maintain the focal point of equipment and area according to ISO17025 quality system.
- Support for lab equipment/system upgrade project and new lab technology project.
- Maintain good housekeeping, and ensure filing and documentation are up to date.
- Continuously maintain and identify areas for improvement in the quality system and HSE.
- Continuously strive for improvement in both personal effectiveness and efficiency.
- Carry out activities within established competency levels and request supervision where necessary.
- Participate in Proficiency testing program and round-robin
Main Tasks and Targets
- Alert deviations to Lab Executive (Quality), undertake deviation action within the established guidelines of the work procedures, and seek guidance where necessary
- Report to Senior Laboratory Technician/Laboratory Executive (Quality)/Focal point if consumables and standards are low or equipment failure
- Proactive learning in all laboratory activities and continuously improves skill and competence level.
- Support validation of test methods and equipment.
- Special tasks are assigned to each Laboratory Technician for their personal development
- As focal points, to ensure equipment/area under their care are well maintained. Ensure all parts are readily available and optimized to carry out tests efficiently and accurately.