Business Dev Manager - Lubricants
Shell is currently looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our team in Calgary, Alberta! The BDM – Indirect Warehouse and Distributor Channel Role is an exciting business development account position with Profit and Loss accountability (P&L). In this role as the BDM, you will be responsible for managing the lubricant and services portfolio of the business with a focus on identifying, qualifying, and supporting new indirect warehouse and distributor growth with an enterprise channel mindset.
Shell has been the No.1 global lubricants supplier for 16 consecutive years. You’d part of a high-growth organization that is demonstrating sustainable growth through organic and our strategy of powering progress together.
As the BDM – Indirect Warehouse and Distributor Channel you will use your exceptional skill and focus on customer relationship management while supporting the hunting of new business within the marketplace. Pipeline management, value selling, strategic relationship mapping, effective communication skills, and a customer-focused commercial mindset are key to the success of this performance-based role. You will strengthen the Lubricant and Services market share and Shell Lubricants brand within the respective indirect and Distributor channel through:
- New Business Development and Premium Acceleration of profitable and strategic volume and margin in line with businesses objectives, rules of winning, and enterprise-first focus through P&L management via our sell-through preferred customer partnerships
- Maintain and increase the value and return on investment for both Shell and our indirect and distributor customer partners
- Develop a regional pipeline of growth opportunities within the existing account base to support overall Lubricants and services growth aspirations
- Plan and lead virtual and in-market customer meetings and business reviews and strategic goal-setting to jointly deliver growth
- Maintain and develop relationships with operational decision-makers, distributor employees, and senior managers to drive growth aligned with national strategy and objectives by leveraging challenger selling skills
- Strengthen Shell brands and increase market share in the respective channel
- Include complete corporate Shell employee value proposition including and not limited to, pension plans, share plans, medical, and the corporate bonus scheme
- Flexible working conditions and culture of care
- Health and Safety and Diversity and Inclusion and Equity Leadership
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role; sales and selling brand value
- Bachelor’s Degree and or relevant experience and training will be considered
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of the industrial, Transport & Consumer sector
- Experience managing customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to sustainably grow a business
- Flexibility and preparedness to travel (up to 25% of the time)
- English with bilingual languages as an asset
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than the current employer
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed in the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women from under-represented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.