Commercial Account Manager - BC/AB/ON
What’s the Role
Shell Canada is currently seeking a Lubricants Commercial Account Manager to join our Downstream Commercial Business Team.
The NA Lubricants Market is mature and highly competitive and represents a significant opportunity to delivering the growth aspirations for Shell. The role of the Account Manager is to develop and grow customer relationships in the National and Regional B2C Lubricants Sectors in Canada. The Account Manager will deliver Shell’s strategic growth plans and achieve “best in class” financial results through strong leadership, a ONE team approach and a focus on keeping the customer at the epicenter of everything they do. A learner mindset and commercial acumen are key to delivering Shell’s strategic goal to be the world’s most competitive and innovative lubricants business.
- Identify, qualify, negotiate, and win new business within B2C channels; Auto/HD OEM Dealers; Fast Fit; Regional Accounts
- Deliver volume and margin in line with business objectives and rules of winning through acquiring organic new business and by expanding business with current customers
- Strengthen Shell brands and increase market share in respective markets
- Network and negotiate with large Multiple Operating Groups (both private entities and publicly traded organizations) to deliver volume and margin targets with a focus on premium products
- Manage and fill pipeline with qualifying accounts, identify these accounts through networking, resources, and cold calling
- Plan customer calls and visits to provide the appropriate level of service to existing and new customers with a focus on retaining / expanding existing business relationships and acquiring new business relationships
- Understand market and competitive business activity, needs of customers; provide information and advice on products and services
- Effectively implement national promotions and marketing initiatives with customers.
- Be responsible and proactive in HSSE issues that affect the individuals, field environment and customers
- For new and existing customers, define and regularly review relevant customer relationship, credit control duties will be required, as will difficult conversations surrounding shortfalls and contractual penalties
- Carry out negotiations with customers, preparing insights, quotations and proposals, agree on all operational requirements (including price, contract, payment terms and services)
- Ensure all service providers carry out the agreed terms
Please Note: This is a virtual/remote role which does not require you to be in the City of Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto to support this role. However, you will be required to travel 40%-50% in the assigned markets.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than the current employer
- Preferred with bachelor’s degree in any related field or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years sales experience from Commercial Sales with field value selling and P&L accountability
- Demonstrated ability to grow sales period-over-period, Volume, Market Share, and Profitability
- Proven experience developing and negotiating multi-year sales agreements
- Proven experience with strategic market-based pricing experience maximizing profitability
- Ease in dealing with project, departmental, and executive level stakeholders, and leading complex negotiations through various levels of the organization
- Proficient MS Office Software skills, proven communication excellence, leveraging communication tools, and self-sufficient visual communications supporting offers
- Valid driver’s license
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed in the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women from under-represented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.