SHELL CANADA ENGINEERING & BUSINESS STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES (SUMMER, CO-OP, INTERNSHIP)Locations: Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Term lengths: 8, 12 or 16 months
About us.We are a global group of energy companies, aiming to help meet the energy needs of society in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We are searching for talented interns to join our Assessed Internship Program, which offers real responsibilities, challenges and professional development.
Life doesn’t stand still here. It’s a fast-paced, challenging and incredibly rewarding place to work. Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, Integrity and respect aren’t a strapline – they’re a part of whatever we do. Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with world-class training and development.
What you’ll be working onOur internships are carefully framed to provide you with a business relevant project that will allow you toindependently manage your own area of responsibility, while receiving support from an assigned Supervisor and Mentor. We’ll help you discover your strengths and development areas in a challenging, but friendly and supportive work environment.
Projects are scoped in alignment with your term length, and typically focus on process optimization or other continuous improvement initiatives.
Be a part of the Energy ChallengeOur world is exciting, dynamic and fast-moving. Energy plays a critical role in this. It keeps people moving, it takes us places and delivers products around the world. It's a key ingredient in countless things that we rely on every day, from building materials to the clothes on our backs.
As populations grow and thrive, so does the need for more energy. But, this increasing demand is contributing to rising environmental pressures. We recognize the significance of climate change, along with the role energy plays in helping people achieve and maintain a good quality of life. A key role for society – and for Shell – is to find ways to provide much more energy with less carbon dioxide.
Shell is a willing and able player in this transition. We continue to supply the world with natural gas - the cleanest burning hydrocarbon - to heat and light homes and power industry. We are investing in renewable energy like solar, wind and advanced bio fuels made from waste. We are exploring new ways of storing renewable energy. And we are developing digital products and services that help consumers and businesses use energy more efficiently, day in day out.
Join us to help #MakeTheFuture
Who we’re looking forENGINEERING:
- You are actively enrolled in Chemical Engineering and will complete at least one more semester of education following your internship
- By completing this application, you will be considered for any opportunities for which you are qualified. Current roles include:
- Facilities Engineering Intern
- Process Engineering Intern
- Reliability Engineering Intern
- Production Engineering Intern
- Electrical Engineering Intern
- Process Control Engineering Intern
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or a valid work permit which would allow you to work for Shell
- If you are selected for a role in a safety-sensitive position, you will be required to successfully complete a Medical and/or Alcohol & Drug tests
- Our graduate and internship assessment is a competency-based assessment methodology which focuses on Capacity, Achievement and Relationships (CAR):
Capacity - We’re looking for people with the intellectual, analytical, and creative ability to learn quickly, identify issues, and propose innovative solutions.
Achievement - We want driven high-achievers full of curiosity, self-confidence and organizational skills.
Relationships -- We’re searching for strong communicators who work well within a team, respect others and encourage and support colleagues.
An inclusive place to workTo power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know if you require accommodation when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re committed to building a representative work environment that is reflective of the communities where we live, work and operate. We encourage applications from Indigenous and Visible Minority candidates.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
How to applyVisit www.shell.ca/careers to apply no later than September 30, 2020. Please note that positions may be filled before the application deadline; apply as early as possible to improve your chances of selection.