Process Data Engineer-SSW (Oracle)
Experience and Qualifications required
- Degree/master’s in information management (degree in relevant Oil & Gas discipline an advantage). A keen desire and ability to learn new things and assimilate knowledge will be essential
- At least 2+ years of solid Experience in Oracle & SQL PL/SQL
- Strong experience with oracle functions, procedures, triggers, packages & performance tuning
- Analyze and clarify functional specifications, write technical specifications and implement business logic
- Work with team lead / solution architect on solution design. Analyze and convert business requirements to technical requirements Design logical and physical ERD diagrams, process flow diagrams, and related data processing design documentation.
- Database design and modeling - logical and physical. Database storage sizing and maintenance. Knowledge in creating partitioning in tables and Index on columns
- Develop, design, test and implement complex database programs using Oracle and SQL
- Knowledge of Oracle API packages and table structures.
- Ability to create, maintain and execute test plans and capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects
- Sound knowledge of common Unix commands and a reasonable shell scripting experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team in the creation and validation of user interfaces and technical requirements
- Able to clearly articulate and work to realistic deadlines and timelines.
- Adheres to coding standards and actively drives high standards within team on code and documentation quality.
- Stakeholder management, effective cooperation with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working across a complex landscape of Applications which often have subtly different processes and approaches in different OUs.
- Usage of influencing and communication skills is crucial to ensure that expected results are delivered by different stakeholders in various parts of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities, work without close supervision, work through to deliver results.