Process Data Engineer
The role would require to oversight and manage the Shell Quality Insights system that provides web-based access to users to provide information related to QA/QC Audits, Inspections and Findings data. Management of SQI process and operations to configure access for users to appropriate collections of Audits / Findings / Inspection data and reports and to ensure all the relevant records and documents are held centrally and maintained. Also, support in product release upgrade that includes testing and highlight issues to Application Owner.
SQI Application support has a defined workflow but often requires judgement to assess the application individual project or business challenges. This role features:
- Independent contribution to assess product and highlight potential gaps.
- Participate in product release upgrade including testing and highlight issues to Application Owner.
- Validate dashboard and raise issues if any with the vendor and get it fixed. Additionally, to ensure that solution does not have any impact on reporting.
- Conduct meetings independently to resolve user issues.
- Provide Support to SQI business users from product perspective.
- Act as an interface between users and product owners, in resolving any technical issues/glitches and in continuous improvement / enhancement of existing application.
- Graduate from any work stream with experience in handling stakeholders from different time zones.
- 5 to 7 years of IT experience in Design, Coding, Development and Testing experience.
- Experience in Power BI for building Data Visualizations / Dashboard / Reports would be desired.
- Good reporting skills.
- Understanding and making KPIs for stakeholders and producing dashboards for monitoring the KPIs & trending of KPIs.
- Good understanding (or) can be able to interpret high-level End to End engineering (application backend) workflow.
- Able to understand the data types and able to handle large data volumes.
- Advance knowledge in MS Excel etc., is highly desirable.
- Acumen to learn tools like Python etc.
Desirables/Added Value: -
- Effective communication skill and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
- Professional Engineering certification is an added value.
- Experience in content management using SharePoint / Document or equivalent tools is an added advantage.
- Keen learner and self-starter, ready to learn in shared learning environment and from on the job peer learning.
Other Skills, Competence and Behavior:
- Strong communication & people skills.
- Knowledge or higher-level awareness of the context of use of technical data and documentation within technical data processes, Ability to deal effectively with complexity and detail.
- Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving.