Senior Advisor - TCF Middle Office
Job Description: Senior Advisor – TCF Middle Office
The Trade Commodity Financing team structures new deals by providing financing (whether bilateral or syndicated) to third parties in exchange for commodity purchase or supply offtake. TCF helps to unlock enhanced commercial trading margin terms through the provision of financing and therefore optimizes the return on working capital of the Group (ROACE). The counterparties of TCF are usually independent producers with high credit risk and located in emerging markets. At the core of the Middle Office’s accountability is managing the loan portfolio of the TCF Team. TCF deal structures can be in the form of prepayments, reserve-based lending, term loan, or other bespoke structure.
Position description Purpose:
Loan Book Management and monitoring, SPOC for R&A/ Settlements and Other Internal Stakeholders.
Position description – Accountabilities:
- Accountable for managing the deals assigned through the tenure of the deal including tracking the repayments and monitoring the performance of the deal - loan book management and underlying funds movement, liaison with internal stakeholders for accounting in SAP, reporting and reconciliations.
- Act as the focal for all regions from a Loan book portfolio in understanding deals in pipeline, deals in progress, waivers, extensions and seek reference.
- Deliver operational excellence in terms of Credit Risk processes such as reporting, invoicing, interest calculations, and tracking of disbursements/repayments to ensure zero value leakage.
- Support contractual risk management by tracking information delivery from counterparties and monitoring compliance to relevant clauses and covenants.
- Understanding of the Governance and Control framework to help raise control issues in the TCF deals.
- Interface with an extensive list of internal stakeholders relevant to a growing number of deals (e.g., trading desks, operators, finance operations, finance managers) on loan payments, offtake schedule, interest income accruals, trading margins, and other income and expenses.
- Act as single point of contact to interface with R&A, T&S for entries, ETRMs (DEX, ENDUR, etc.) support, and queries / clarifications from counterparties and other internal stakeholders
- Understand ECL, collateral valuation, cash flows and preparation of said calculations for quarterly/ yearly reporting purposes.
- Participate regularly in TCF team meetings to understand, align on deal progress, strategy, and other aspects.
- Manage the TCF SharePoint site and ensure records are uploaded and declared correctly and in a timely manner.
- Support audit (internal/ external) through submission of adequate documentary evidence including contractual papers stored in TCF share point site.
- A self- motivated, detail- oriented individual with finance/ accounting skills and good understanding of the trading and settlement systems.
Position description - Special Challenges
- Dynamic environment with high change management in systems, processes, and people. Understanding of accounting and trading business to effectively question and challenge to ensure the general ledger is presented fairly.
- Must possess ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work in fast-paced Trading environment, handle pressure well and deliver results in critical situations. Multiple trading systems: Konga Tool, Salesforce, Dex, Endur Open Link, Nucleus, NextGen, SAP, Power BI.
Position description - Additional comments
- Successful candidate must be proactive to seek out problem resolutions, be energetic and able to work in a challenging and deadline driven environment.
- As role has many stakeholders in across the globe, it would require attending meetings and working late evening and nighttime during deal closure deadlines.