Senior Analyst MI CoE
Work Location Chennai
Work Pattern -Regular week. Expected to be a regular shift (10am-7pm) Normal office hours and may include some periods of intense activity during Month/Quarter Close.
General Position Definition
This role requires an experienced designer of data visualizations and complex reporting with a strong understanding of the Financial metrics and how they influence business performance. Must have at least 5 years’ experience creating complex visualizations of data based upon identified information needs, business model, Data set / ERP system and stakeholder requirements. This developer will work with an integrated team of Developers, business analysts, Interface Managers in creating complex data visualisations using Alteryx and Microsoft Power BI. Once a solution is live, run and maintain the same, take care of year roll-over and minor changes/enhancements to the solution
Position description - Accountabilities
- Swift understanding of the business model, expectations from business, linking it to the business strategy and the way KPI’s are measured
- Data modelling skills and work experience in Alteryx, Azure DnA and SQL
- Design and create data visualizations in Microsoft Power BI
- Facilitate design review sessions with analysts and key stakeholders to refine and elaborate the data visualizations
- Work on validation and testing to ensure it meets the requirements
- Creates the design specification, deployment plans, and other technical documents for respective design activities
- Create user reference document and Training videos on how to use
- Support to troubleshooting problems, providing workarounds etc.,
- Estimates the magnitude and time requirements to complete all tasks and provides accurate and timely updates to the team on progress
- Ensure on time, high quality deliverables and meeting project milestones and deadlines within budget with minimal supervision
- Assists and mentors other team members in the business application, development technologies etc.,
- Participates in peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members
- Run and Maintain the tools developed by the team
- Work on change management for tools
- Ensure IRM compliance of tools, maintain user access restriction profiles and support any system audit.
- Able team player to support the team in creation, run & maintain, tool enhancements and deployment of latest technologies and functionalities
- Exposure to MCHEM and Aviation business and MI knowledge is preferred.
- CI mindset to deploy TMI solutions
Position description - Special Challenges
o The individual should be adept in key financials KPI's driving the business performance
o Individual should be able to work in a challenging environment with incomplete data and flexibility in adapting to changing themes of driving business story
o Individual displaying strong personal effectiveness particularly in stakeholder management and analytical skills.
o Working in a Global and Cross cultural environment to be able to coach, motivate other team members.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Microsoft certified Power BI developer
- Strong understanding of Data management (SQL/Azure/Alteryx)
- Work experience in Server Management
- Minimum of 5-7 years of data visualization experience preferably on a finance related project
- Experienced in working on complex reporting/data visualizations using Microsoft Power BI.
- Candidates should have in depth experience working with end users to refine identified business needs through in-depth design reviews and information sessions.
- Must be an analytical thinker, with a strong design sense, and understand implications of the various design options available for a given visualization.
- Candidates should be results driven, detailed orientated and work well within a dynamic and creative team.
- Experience with large data sets, specifically with energy companies, what it looks like, what it means and how it’s used, is highly desirable.
- Work exposure to MS Access, MS Excel and Power Point is essential
- Possess good written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
- Self-driven and motivated individual that takes pride in the development of high quality, on time solutions, run and maintain the existing tools and support team for other deliverables.