The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programs like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
- Senior Process Data Engineer – Reliability Rotating East (RRE) is responsible for end to End Asset management System, Improvement, Assessments and supporting Assets improves reliability and performance.
- This roles reside in East of Shell Business and are typically at the front line of the Company’s activities. Technical support jobs in Engineering, Maintenance and Operations involve working in teams tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets, and could include Instrumentation Technicians, Electricians, Welders, Mechanics, Pipefitters, and Field and Process Operators.
The Operations Lead Technical Reporting will be part of the VP TAO organization
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- To work as a senior reliability engineer to support projects and improvement activities for the assigned operating units to help to implement Shell AMS. The purpose of the Asset Management System (AMS) is to provide a single, control framework for managing Producing Asset in Shell. As a part of AMS, MEC (Manage Equipment Care) is implemented in the operating assets to define planned tasks for the care of Asset equipment using a risk-based approach to set optimal tasks that deliver business results.
- The Manage Equipment Care process in AMS is a foundational process for employing risk-based processes to establish ‘Cost and Reliability’ optimized scope for asset equipment care. MEC's full value is only achieved through the integration with the other core AMS processes: MTO, ESP (w/ PTM), ME, MSC, TA, and Project Execution.
- The role will also require the individual to ensure the deliverables to prepare maintenance strategies, carry out the assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.
- Understand the complexities and intricacies of maintenance activities of pumps, vessels, compressors, turbine, motors, Field instruments, Analyzer instruments, control system instruments like PLC, DCS instruments in the oil and gas industry by studying the operations and maintenance manuals of OEMs, general task lists, equipment specific task lists, test certificates, maintenance reports, spare part list, maintenance strategies, etc., and technical discussions with global, site maintenance lead/technical authorities & OEMs/Vendors, etc.,
- The primary responsibility in preparing/developing comprehensive maintenance strategy from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general tasklist, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs, etc., for equipment’s like engines, pumps, compressors, turbines, etc., as per shell standards.
- These revised maintenance strategies and reliability improvement plans should include a detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for overhauling/maintenance of each equipment/installation.
- Constantly engage with site maintenance leads, original equipment manufacturers, vendors, and conduct reliability studies in consultation with site maintenance personnel.
- Interact and communicate with the site focal for reliability studies and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies about how the actual maintenance activities for rotating equipments have been planned and performed in various Operating Units of Shell.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipments and instruments and also a thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Managing stakeholders/ representatives of various operating units through effective communication and identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs, and use the same in implementing changes/improvements in the processes.
- Can be assigned as a trainer for the area of process tools expertise. May share the responsibility with the supervisor in staff development of other team members.
- Create/Develop Standard Work Instructions/Standard ways of working for PM data management for assigned processes viz. Plant maintenance Master data management Process, Run and maintain Process for Operating Units and other assigned processes.
Quality: Maintain Shell data minimum standards for data input to ERP and CMMS systems across the operating unit. Manage relationships with Asset, Functional, and TAO based technical authorities, subject matter experts from the business, engineering managers and leads, operation managers, etc.
Leadership: Coach and mentor staff on technical topics and AMS work processes. Expected to be able to coach MEC topics to skill level and others to awareness.
- Primary owner to ensure that technical data and documents are free of data defects, following Controls and Standards, and within the limits of KPI’s.
- Perform reliability engineer role and other technical functions, with a scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units and manufacturing sites. This role is expected to help rotating /static equipment engineers in implementing the standard maintenance strategy for preventive/corrective maintenance of various equipment uniformly in various operating units across the Shell.
- Provision, as subject matter expert (SME), for Technical Support that enables the operating units, Sites to leverage the benefits of utilizing the Engineering Services-Reliability Study, maintenance strategy to the fullest extent.
- Focal Point for any changes in ERP data working closely with Global and/or Central Data and Process design owners. To specifically perform activities as a primary data engineer, subject matter expert, and/or lead engineer in maintenance, assurance, technical support, and standardization of technical data and documents of the operating unit, including any site engagements and leadership on technical and tools forums. Besides, to analyze technical data, documents, and processes for the business to align with AMS by working with engineering, maintenance, operations, and project teams and partners.
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation / Chemical and other oil and gas-related degree. Degrees in other fields will be considered with the relevant experience. 5 years+ or more of work experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals industry past degree in engineering with experience in one or more of the following:
- Shall be able to prepare/developing asset structure, SCE review and implementation, and bill of materials (BoM) using the equipment’s drawings, circuit diagrams, PEFS, P&IDs, operation, and maintenance manual of OEMs. Data gathering for the reliability analysis from CMMS, maintenance manuals, best practices, etc. Perform Gap analysis between the P&ID’s and CMMS maintainable data.
- Prepare & update the schedules for maintenance strategy reviews and conduct the reviews based on Risk and Reliability Management principles with tools such as PM Optimization (PMO), REM strategy reviews, RCM, and Equipment Care Strategy Library where applicable.
- Shall be able to conduct reliability centered maintenance studies for the rotating equipment, including package equipment. Able to interpret the RCM study results and convert them into PM routines for better maintenance efficiency. Participation/Leading end-to-end RCM process starting with identifying Threats and Opportunities to implementing RCM outcome with a mindset of CI (Continuous Improvement) is preferred.
- Effective communication skills and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
- Experience in leading change in complex environments and a track record in building, influencing, and sustaining natural teams. Able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge on rotating equipment, valves, and reliability engineering. Solid experience in maintenance project management and facilitating continuous improvement.
- Able to deal with a wide range of stakeholders at different seniority levels and experience working with different cultures. Support the operational units via a virtual environment.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in SAP PM/MM module is an added value. Knowledge/Proficiency in MS Office, Power BI, Azure DevOps, etc. is highly desirable.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
Competitive applicants will have a proven track record of delivery in Asset and/or Project leadership.