Specialist - Market risk
The individual will support the Market Risk Manager/Senior Manager for Products in ensuring the successful operation of SOX Controls, daily P&L/Risk reporting, ensuring operational excellence in the Reporting processes and help develop build capability of other Risk Analysts – in short assist in the development of the team and sustaining the Market Risk function in SBO Chennai
Market Risk: The Market Risk department is a specialized unit in Finance Operations that operates in the Chennai and Manila centers. The team has front line responsibility for risk measurement; deal valuation, exposure reporting and price validation. The department pulls together a range of expert skills that ensure accurate and timely reporting, and allow us to offer professional advice on the wide range of issues that the department gets involved in. We are interested in attracting people to our business who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through teamwork.
Market Risk Chennai: The Market Risk department in Chennai is an exciting and growing team in Finance Operations. The team has been continuously absorbing newly migrated activities over the last seven years with continued growth and more complex work will continue to be absorbed into the teams
- Assist with the daily production of WONA Physical / Derivative desk reporting and assist traders to tie out their P&L with market movement.
- Complete analysis of most of the product mark-to-market curves price movements to ensure trading systems are correct.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of M2M curves & methodologies and assist the Team in ensuring the curves are correctly loaded in the Trading systems.
- Produce Exposure analysis and where required Investor’s profitability reporting exclusively for desk to take trade decisions.
- Monitor exposure, risk metrics & NBP exposure limits daily within the trading control framework and manual of authorities (MOA)
- SOX control- Operate a few quarter end & annual SOX controls and disclosures and ensure everything is first time right every time
- Prepare weekly/monthly trade performance slide packs for Regional/Global Heads of the Commercial Business.
- Work on liquidity reserve calculations in a quarter and ensure that is correctly communicated to the desk.
- Champion Risk Committee action items and sees them through implementation related to your desks.
- In case of Trading System curve error, liaise with business users and technical support to identify, analyze and resolve issues (ad hoc).
- Ensure daily control & Trader KPI are always up-to-date i.e. Late Deals, Rationales, Bucket deals
- Provide ad hoc analysis by running queries off the Trading Risk Databases
- Ensure activities are carried out with safety awareness and are performed in compliance with external regulation, the Control Framework, SOX and Financial Reporting requirements and Trading mandate and policies
- UG/PG + 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- A key challenge is on maintaining quality relationships and engagements with key business stakeholders including Global Heads/GMs of Business lines, to ensure timely and accurate data.
- Understanding the numbers and convincingly explaining the ‘story behind them’ demonstrating this through visuals and appreciation for trading strategies and risk payoffs.
- Exploring opportunities to continuously improve tools and process.
- In Market Risk Operation, the candidate is asked to be flexible in terms of work scope in the knowledge that the role will become increasingly challenging and in depth with every new activity rolled out.
- The work will be shift oriented with a requirement for early day and late day shifts depending on the business requirements.
- Meet the requirements of Market Risk’s steep learning curve and emerge as a SME in your respective Teams