Country India City/State Chennai Work Location Chennai
Purpose & Accountabilities
- This role will provide production operations and process engineering support to ensure production excellence in Offshore Oil and Gas production platforms. The role is expected to review & support a variety of process & production operations activities at the site and identify production improvement opportunities, cost reductions, process safety assurance and optimize the operating units assigned to them.
- The activities are deeply integrated into the site work processes and requires deep collaboration with production operations, other disciplines and departments in the site. The successful candidate is expected to interact directly with the Offshore production operations unit and key site production unit supporting staff.
- Ensure offshore plant surveillance topsides and subsurface is robust, covers all necessary plant areas and undertake daily in an integrated fashion will the offshore operations and onshore technical teams.
- Provides inputs and guidance to the engineers assigned to the physical assets to ensure their assigned assets are operated in a safe, environmentally sound and reliable manner in accordance with the license to operate and the defined safe operating envelope.
- Work as part of multidiscipline onshore support team and provide support to offshore operations team members as onshore discipline engineer for production operations discipline.
- Support offshore/onshore production operations remotely.
- Support alarm management improvement and instigate regular reviews
- Lead complex trouble shooting activities.
- Set up appropriate pi screens to support surveillance.
- Participate in morning calls with production operations teams.
- Support concept development of plant changes through Management of Change (MOC) process where required.
- Take a pivotal role in ensuring that operations integrity is not compromised on an offshore installation through any plant change or operations activities
- Be a ‘Champion’ to Introduce ‘Innovation’, new ideas, change with respect to O&M in its to improve overall performance.
- Assist in the prioritization of modifications within facility budget.
- Appropriate operational input to all modifications within the platform.
Must be capable to demonstrate excellent safety leadership and behaviors, ensuring that Health, Safety, Security & Environmental expectations are communicated, maintained and implemented.
Provide support at site for the installation, inspection, testing of new equipment
- Provide start-up support requirements and review of Pre-Commissioning procedures and implementation for new equipment.
- Provide operational support to maintenance activities.
- Act as Contract User /Holder (where designated), be familiar with the terms & conditions and scopes of works. Feedback performance to the Contract Holder
- Review and challenge the effectiveness of the Process Safety Management System and hold owners accountable.
- Motivate and Coach others in role modelling Process Safety behaviors
- Supports continuous improvement of the theme area. Maintains and improves the portfolio of their respective theme area and delivers value through improvement of the overall theme.
- Maintains up to date Oil & Gas Production technology specific knowledge through LFI, technical networks etc. so as to be able to proactively identify threats to the units or business coming from the wider Shell organization or industry knowledge and practices.
- Identify opportunities to improve unit capacity, yield, availability and utilization in support of the site and business plans.
- Maintains and helps develop training materials and guidance manuals designed for operations Engineers in conjunction with Learning.
- Responsible to mentor, coach, and support.
- This role is expected to support compliance and site standards for technical monitoring process and practices in collaboration with global work process focal points.
- Being able to effectively provide technical support virtually
- Managing multiple/conflicting priorities
- Able to deal with a very wide range of internal & external stakeholders at different seniority levels.
- Managing the conflicting priorities between quality, timely delivery & cost.
- Working with complex problems, under tough/challenging timelines.
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and upskill for changing business requirements
Skills & Requirements
Education and Experience :
- University Degree(preferred) in relevant engineering discipline with minimum of 8 years of relevant extensive experience in production operation of Oil and Gas Exploration & Production facilities (Offshore/Onshore Installations)
- Hands on experience in operating offshore/onshore oil and gas production platforms.
- Shall be fully conversant with all platform activities in order to be able to make on the spot decisions regarding conflicting activities and plant control.
- Hands on experience in handling control room operations independently.
- Have knowledge on simultaneous operations (SIMOPS), Well head Operations, Utility Operations, marine operations and logistics.
- Domain knowledge in specific Oil & Gas technology is preferred
- Knowledge of integration between process units.
- Working knowledge of field Measurement, IPF, Quality Measurement, Metering, Base Layer & APC, DCS systems
- Must demonstrate excellent safety leadership and behaviors, ensuring that Shell’s Health, Safety, Security & Environmental expectations are communicated, maintained and implemented.
- Strong communication skills
- The team lead needs to be a self-starter, taking initiatives and work without close supervision;
- An independent worker capable of collaborating in a team environment with an ability to build strong effective relationships with asset production teams while working remotely.
- Due to multiple/conflicting priorities, candidate needs to be strong in prioritization, managing stakeholder expectations and be resilient under pressure.
- Should be able to guide the team and steer them through the tough/demanding situations and able to fully contribute hands on.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- Passionately invest in coaching to enhance teams’ performance and capability for future roles. Hold honest performance conversations and intervene to address patterns of underperformance.
- Keep the team highly motivated and energized. Take proactive and reactive measures in resolving Ethics & Compliance, ER/IR issues.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills