Shell Hong Kong is an operating company of Royal Dutch Shell – a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with more than 80,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We believe that rising standards of living for a growing global population are likely to continue to drive demand for energy, including oil and gas, for years to come. At the same time, the need to tackle climate change means there is a global transition under way to a low-carbon energy system. On February 11, 2021, Shell set out Powering Progress strategy to accelerate the transition of our business to net-zero emissions, in step with society and our customers.
What's the role?
To develop Term & Spot hydrocarbons and logistics contracting strategies, to negotiate and to structure commercial contracts with 3rd parties in line with country and business growth plans. The individual will be part of a team that will cover Hong Kong and Macau in delivering the desired business financial performance and the commercial outcomes.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will include?
1. Develop third party term hydrocarbon buy/sell contracting strategy and implementation with input from Channel Optimization team. Responsible to negotiate and develop spot & term hydrocarbon buy/sell arrangements, borrow-and loan arrangement, terminalling deals, storage, logistic with Third parties. The contracting objective is to maximize Enterprise values, to enable supply chain robustness and contingency plan and to enable delivery of financial target.
2. Contributes to maximizing Enterprise Integrated Value through:
a. Provide input on local 3rd parties contract terms/ optionalities to Channel Optimization team.
b. Execute effective risk management of pricing exposure on 3rd party deals per mandate
c. Explore optimization opportunities on local 3rd party options
d. Work closely with GTN (Global Trading Network) to develop relationship with local players & support development and contribute to growing Trading value.
3. Contributes to strategy & portfolio studies, develops 3rd parties market intelligence, provides short-term alignment to ensure practicality of options for implementations.
4. Analyze and conduct 3rd party Hydrocarbon contract performance review. Coordinates with Supply Operations / PQ Excellence/ Marine / Supply HSSE advisors to assure Operational and Safety contract compliance.
5. Develop and maintain sound commercial relationships with 3rd party supply partners, in compliance with Shell’s General Business Principles, seeks and develops new optimization opportunities.
6. Implement biofuels supply chain strategy by delivering competitive biofuels purchases, ensuring HSSE & Sustainability Standards in all contracts with suppliers / contractors.
7. Maintain sound working relationship with supply teams of PAFF & AFSC, which are responsible for Aviation Jet A-1 supply-in process of the HK International Airport.
8. Inputting and consolidating HK Supply-related data and regular report timely to Shell internal platforms and systems.
9. Support & back-up HK Senior Channel Optimizer in the S&OP meetings as per required.
What we need from you?
Able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of stakeholders.
Entrepreneurial spirit with balanced understanding of business risk and reward.
Great networking skills will be very useful.
Command of Cantonese is preferable.
Knowledge of Shell Hong Kong oil business & supply chain is an advantage.
An innovative place to work
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently or building trust and strengthening connections with internal and external stakeholders to help deliver Shell’s strategy, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
We are creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
We are striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
As an equal opportunity employer, combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations – we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone.