Australia Business Analyst
Where you fit
Australian Business Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of their process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. Australia Business Analyst supports end to end R&A accountabilities for SEHAL Corporate and Functions team, with close interface and collaboration with Integrated Gas Finance in Business (incl. New Energies) & Australia Business Functions, Treasury and Legal.
The role will support both Shell Energy Holdings Australia Limited and QGC.
The Business Analyst will be a part of an impactful connected team, supporting the Corporate & Functions Lead as well as working with senior business contacts to address scenarios and specific business challenges. The Business Analyst will provide analysis to challenge the status quo, data analytics and business insights, financial reporting, MI cost recovery & support toward the SEHAL cost allocation process including business specific process, improvement agenda and working collaboratively as an equal to influence the value drivers for that business and to support decision making. The role holder will have strong collaboration skills and the ability to influence senior Business and Finance professionals, the wider IGNE finance community, Treasury, Legal and FO Controllers.
What’s the role?
- Close collaboration with the Timewritters for Shell Australia Pty Ltd & QGC, supporting with the day to day business needs for Timewritters including understanding of the impact to Cost allocations & impact to joint venture reporting
- Post month end related journals & month end activities inline with closing timetables
- Supporting the various Joint Venture audits
- Troubleshoot & investigate system errors
- Collaboration with other R&A colleagues and other processes to ensure timely closure of system cutback issues
- Support Financial analysis by providing commentaries on monthly movements and balances
- Performing analyst role in balance sheet reconciliations ensuring all control requirements met on a timely basis
- Operating all SOX and internal controls in line with Work Instructions and the Group controls framework
- Participate in R&A special projects & timely and effective responses to special data/project requests.
- Incumbent must promote continuous improvement environment. Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more effective manner while achieving the business objective.
- Manage interfaces with FO and Non FO stakeholders effectively, build end to end perspective
- Build trust and confidence in cooperation within Finance Operations
- Exceptionally strong team-working across the process area is essential
- Cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Necessity to constantly update knowledge within finance
- Work in process heavily loaded towards deadlines
- R&A Analyst will have close interaction with the various stakeholders within FO (inside and outside R&A), Group Reporting as well as various class of business.
- Subordinates: none
- Must be part qualified accountant or qualified by experience.
- Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting.
- Prior experience of and willingness to have hands-on involvement in the day-to –day financial activities.
- Analytical, systems/process and accounting skills, with the ability to recognize underlying issues and develop appropriate resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- CI mind set, able to identify ESSA opportunities and manage change.
- Openness to embrace change and remain focused even where ambiguity exists
- High capacity to prioritize key elements of a deliverables
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
- We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Where do you fit?
- BI Lead, Platform Bengaluru, India, Chennai, India, Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Associate - Credit Debt Collection Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Finance Planning and Reporting Analyst Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Controls Assurance Senior Analyst Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- SOX Internal Controls Tester Cyberjaya, Malaysia, Chennai, India, Makati City, Philippines, Krakow (City), Poland
- Associate Engineer - DataDoc Management Cyberjaya, Malaysia