Base Oil Planner
The Base oil planner role is a key role in the LSC organization. The position operates from a centralised location, accountable for coordination for overview of the day to day materials supply requirements for all Lubricants and Grease manufacturing locations in the APME region, both Shell owned and 3rd Parties.
This demand coodinator is expected to be a regional facilitator in aggregating demand across APME and have a consolidated forward overview of base oil demand across APME in view of the different plant and supplier constraints. Incumbent expected to drive value to the business, with awareness of opportunities in optimisation. Incumbent expected to holistically understand and use S&OP processes and digital tools to drive base oil optimisation in region.
A key success factor in working virtually is maintaining strong lines of communication with the regional base oil team based in Singapore and leaning on materials planning manager for guidance. New base oil introduction execution is coordinated by demand coordinator, requiring strong change management skills and cooperation with base oil scheduler to deliver the introduction to plant.
APME has 12 sites and more than 40 countries which our LOBPs and GMPs serves. It is a fairly complex region with 2 large countries (ID and IN) on the GC's Accelerated growth.
agendas and some countries on same path. Speed, agility and delivery are critical to our growth region. There is a need to balance the resources and costs involved to support the growing region and a strong agenda to support digitalization and automation to improve our efficiencies and speed of delivery.
With high growth exceeding expectations, there is limited ullage for base oil and additives. Creative effective planning needs to be in place to take cost optimal solution for keep COGS low.
- Monitors the base oil demand for region, adjusts and minimizes cost impact while understanding rationale behind LOBP FG prioritization and communicates any in-period deviations to supply availability or demand for region.
- Participate actively in T&R planning and S&OP process to understand lubricants demand outlook for key countries.
- Support continuous improvement of inventory holding for components across the end-to-end supply chain versus customer service. (OTIF vs DIO).
- Diagnose and resolve cross-business volumes or conflicts, with strong understanding of supply chain and aspects of scheduling.
- Ensure no stock-outs of components based on DDMRP buffers and deployment per DDMRP proposed buffers plan for components
- Identify and embed best practices from other markets or countries on scheduling.
- University degree in Supply Chain/ Logistic or any other related areas
- Looking for a candidate with at least 8-10 years of professional Supply Planning experience in international dynamic environment
- A demonstrated ability to lead initiatives to deliver work virtually across multiple time zones with differing work weeks due to the wide APME geographical coverage is necessary
- Lubes Business and/or Supply Chain planning experience is an advantage.
- Ideally those with leadership skills and ability to motivate, grow and develop individuals as well as manage potential risks (eg: license to operate, change management, governance)
- Experience with strategic implementation of projects would be good advantage