Country Malaysia City/State Cyberjaya Work Location Cyberjaya
- Service Management is an owner of ITSO contracts with key Infrastructure Service Providers and Application Suppliers. They ensure that services provided by third parties are secure and reliable while exercising contractual clauses to ensure key KPIs (e.g. Critical Service Levels, Key Measures) are upheld.
- The Service Manager acts as the escalation point between Business IT and 3rd party provided for any deterioration in service levels. Further, with the advent of cloud-based infrastructure services, service managers are increasingly responsible to manage vendor operations teams to ensure appropriate management and change to the infrastructure services provided to the end user organisation. Provides advanced level of input concerning assigned scope of work. Is required to quickly debug and resolve critical issues.
- Has frequent exposure to / interaction with senior levels of business leadership (EC-2 and EC-3).
- Works independently under minimal managerial supervision. Delivers the work as assigned, applying the work procedures, frameworks. Guidance provided for those tasks where there are limited precedents available.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / IT related
- 8+ years in IT with years in a Telecom Company
- Significant experience of working in a senior management role with similar dimensions to this role in Shell
- Current certifications in networking technology e.g. CCNP
- Ability to solve technical operational issues in data and voice networking based on significant knowledge and hands on experience e.g.
- LAN/WAN/WLAN topology, design and implementation
- Routing and switching protocols - OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Policy based routing, NAT/PAT, VLAN, SDLAN
- Load balancing and security products firewall, proxy, zScaler, intrusion protection
- Network Performance tuning
- Voice technologies e.g. IPT, call centres, SIP
- Knowledge of Internet of Things/PCD
- Ability to work in a team with subject matter experts in other areas (e.g. hosting and clients) using a good technical understanding of their areas
This job profile contains generic information and does not describe individual positions or required job competencies. Grading decisions will also depend on other factors.