The Finance team in Shell Business Operations KL is currently seeking to hire talents within the respective functions -
- Credit Management
- Budgeting & Forecasting
The brief job description for the respective roles as follows:
Manage Credit Risk
- Responsible for the risk assessment of customers, negotiating and managing security arrangements, establishment of appropriate credit limits with necessary MOA and the analysis of the overall credit exposure.
- Responsible for the re-assessment of credit-worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers, and timelines.
- Provide authorized approval for the release of blocked orders in respect of credit.
- Perform detailed financial analysis of customer financial statements for development of a risk profile of each customer using analytical results to establish credit limits within designated authority level and prepare analysis write-up to obtain necessary MOA for decisions exceeding designated authority level.
- Ensure compliance with Global Downstream Credit policy, OCM standards & SOX controls.
- Meet/communicate with customer’s senior financial and business leaders to establish understanding of customer’s financial condition and business model as needed to complete credit analysis and to negotiate security when financial condition does not support credit exposure.
- Manage security arrangements to ensure timely actions taken to renew or replace expiring security instruments.
Manage Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for ensuring that both ‘Proactive’ and ‘Reactive’ credit control takes place and ensuring that customers’ debt are collected in line with contracted payment terms.
- The authority’s decision would also need to be executed and documented by this role.
- Recognize financial risk situations on Trade Receivable Accounts. Exercise manual blocking of orders on high financial risk and seriously delinquent accounts. Recommend A/R provisions for bad debt.
Management Information, Planning and Analysis:
- Financial Assurance including supporting to the Month Close activities and ensuring First Time Right (FTR).
- Balance Sheet analysis and Cash Flow reporting
- Providing Flash commentaries and analysis of business performance ensuring first quartile quality standards including understanding Business levers, Budgeting (Targets & Resources), Cost Leadership and Latest Estimates accuracy
- Demand Management of MI including competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a high quality and integrity of deliverables.
* Drive development/design of new MI and finance support processes
* Continuous focus on improvement opportunities (ESSA) in process and content and identifies and actions opportunities to reduce complexity, promote best practice and provide focus on financial issues. Support resolution of the issues/bottlenecks in the reporting process.
- Initiate and implement innovative approaches to data analysis and reporting to ensure sufficient capacity and flexibility exist to meet demand from DS CoB Business Partners.
- Support Price risk management activities
- Proactively manages relationships with the DS CoB Business Partners
- Primary contact for R&A
- Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers.
- Conduct sessions with stakeholders in finance & sales organizations and emphasize the landscape of existing MI.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting, preferably with professional certification (i.e. ACCA/CIMA/CPA, etc.)
- Strong financial and accounting background and understanding of internal controls
- Understanding of SAP is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Capable of working under pressure and highly driven to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team