SC Commercial Lead R&ES China
This role leads commercial supply chain activities for Renewables and Energy Solutions businesses, primarily for the market and supply chain in China. The focus of this role will be to deliver supply chain solutions to enable the business to achieve goals at speed with easier, faster contracting.
The candidate will be responsible for the execution of the Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP), including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned portfolio. The stakeholders to collaborate with:
- Shell stakeholders in development / execution of procurement strategies with the aim of value maximization. [Pre-award Phase]
- Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal/Purchase Orders. Align with Business/Function priorities to deliver on the business plan. [Post-award Phase]
- Finance Operations, Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal, HSSE, ERP Requisition to Payment teams to ensure that all purchases are compliant with the CMCP process and are delivered within business timelines
The successful candidate will display the following behaviors, as they will enable the candidate to be successful in this challenging role: proactive delivery, flexibility, drive, strong communication skills.
The role may require occasional travel to both strengthen teamwork and build business intimacy.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop functional and, most importantly, industry skills while in this role, presenting a great opportunity for growth and career progression within this fast-growing business area.
This portfolio of Renewables CP activities will provide the opportunity for the right candidate to work on complex, commercial contracting space in solving business challenges.
- Manage end to end (E2E) contract and spend management
- Contracting and procuring goods and services as well as developing and managing agreements
- Work with business counterparts to support business development and market entry needs.
- Constructively challenge the Business Demand, Specification &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Analyzing CP business requirements and external market dynamics
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies as well as operationalizing and commercially managing operational/tactical agreements
- Ensure all commercial activities are executed in line with the Category Management and Contracting Process for assigned operational/tactical contracts.
- Manage once-off Purchase Orders, drive rationalization of vendors and PO/contracts as appropriate
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement through contract management. Build a strong network in the market, be fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Expedite certain processes or goods delivery to capture any short-term business opportunities
- The role leads commercial supply chain activities for the businesses of Renewables & Energy Solutions, including integration of new acquisitions
- Value Delivery: Contract Management, Compliance Requirements, Setting and executing sourcing activities E2E across multiple Businesses/Functions
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience with projects, material and equipment categories is preferred.
- Fluent Mandarin speaker is a must have for this role - strong written and spoken language skills
- Professional CP qualification: CIPS / CPSM Certification (or similar) is an added advantage
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results in a commercial environment
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player with the ability to build long term relationships
- Manage execution and call-off of Framework agreements
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Strong communications and inter-personal skills
- Strong commercial sense and understanding of procurement
- Strong English language skills
- Demonstrate understanding of the contracting and procurement process and commercial contract management technique
- Strong negotiations skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems is a strong plus
- You will be part of a global team working on delivering supply chain solutions across RES businesses.
- The Renewables supply chain team is a winning proposition and a critical success factor for the growth of the Renewables business.
- Develop contract strategies and solutions
- Strong can-do attitude, with high potential.
- Be able to work professionally and independently as Supply Chain lead in support of individual projects/activities in Renewables and Energy Solutions.
-The Renewables & Energy Solutions business is expected to experience rapid growth. The role is therefore ideal for someone experienced who can grow with the role as the RES activities are scaling up.