SC Commercial Specialist SMEP Operations
Manage the execution of sourcing requirement as according to the Petronas Procurement Standard (PPS) & Shell’s Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned contract portfolio and collaborate with:
- internal (Shell) stakeholders in development and execution of procurement strategies driving towards value maximization. [Pre-Award Phase]
- internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal. [Post-Award Phase]
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned key spend categories which meets the Business Demand and aligned with the category strategy.
- Apply the PPS/CMCP process and CP operations practices while focusing on contribution to the business drivers and not compromising on compliance for HSSE&SP, E&C, Code of Conduct, Laws and regulations.
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities, particularly to enable lean sourcing, effective and waste-free requisition-to-pay (RTP) processes.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g.: HSSE, Operations, Cost) to ensure effective contractual delivery, value optimization and risk management.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Manage Key Stake Holder Interfaces, e.g. Category Leads, Contract Holders, Contract Owners, Global Category Team (where applicable) & Suppliers.
- Support the delivery of the SMEP MSC Supply Chain Strategy through implementation of robust MSC Embedment practices and alignment to business priorities and must wins.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner.
- Able to translate strategy to tangible and valuable outcomes for the local business
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Technical experience on Upstream operations would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Manage discipline execution for the Production Operations and Maintenance, Reliability and Turn-Around (MRTA) sourcing requirement to meet the asset aspiration in cash/value generation, availability and competitive unit operating cost, through an extended matrix collaboration with the SMEP Production, Maintenance and Logistics (PML) Sourcing Team.