Service Management Analyst - GCMC
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, active across more than 80 countries, employing 90,000 people.
Shell Business Operations Sdn Bhd (503619-D), a LEED Platinum certified green facility in Cyberjaya, provides a wide range of professional services to support the efficient operation of the Shell Group. The Centre delivers world-class operational excellence to the business through shared operations and services that include Human Resource, Information Technology, Finance, Customer Services, Order to Delivery and Contracting & Procurement. The Centre is currently on a growth path and as part of this rapid growth, we are looking to recruit talented professionals to join us!
If you would like to be a part of an innovative energy leader that offers a rewarding career in a multi cultural environment, then apply to us today and be a part of this vibrant, world-class organisation.
The GCMC was set up in ITSO to drive value opportunities using innovative monitoring tools and techniques derived from our IT operational data. The focus of the team is not just in restoring service but is there to ensure that suppliers and Shell teams are implementing restoration or solutions to improve reliability of our IT estate, reduce cost and most importantly, driving an improved IT User Experience for the 100,000+ users across Shell. The monitoring team will develop and deploy monitoring solutions by working closely with our internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for the GCMC Operations Analyst role relishes working under pressure, enjoys the challenge of 24*7 operations, and, above all else, is passionate about Reliable IT. He/she is an expert in IT Service Management, Network Operations, and familiar with monitoring. The incumbent also passionately partners with the subject matter experts to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in infrastructure can create greater business value.
He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail) and enjoys working in and leading a fast-paced team.
The GCMC Operations Analyst role will have the following accountabilities:
- Supports the GCMC Operations in KL – Shell’s Network Operations Center with the primary base in Bangalore, ensure the smooth running of operations globally end to end with an objective to minimize unplanned downtime, and minimal stakeholder escalations
- Support delivery of network operations as per agreed service levels
- Supports stakeholder communications, and governance with a wide range of stakeholders, supplier/vendors as required
- Build internal ITSO working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Assist in driving the establishment of best practices in service management, network operations, tooling, and process compliance
- Contribute to the establishment of Network Operations of the Future
- Influence stakeholders in the local community, and contribute to strategic and local initiatives
Education Requirement/Field of Study :
Degree within in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Network Operations, with additional experience in one of the following areas: Automation, Monitoring tools
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in supporting complex IT services/network operations, monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of networking and internet technologies and protocols
- ITIL Foundations certification
- A motivated individual, highly analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Comfortable to work with global stakeholders, internally and externally
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and balancing multiple priorities
- Have strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills. Is highly experienced in communicating with leaders and staff at all levels
- Good in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated abilities in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Certification in networking technologies e.g. CCNA
- The incumbent will be expected to manage activities with a high degree of autonomy driven by the operational nature and real time criticality of the role. The scope covers Shell’s connectivity estate (35,000+ devices in 70 countries providing over 25 different IT services)
- The operational nature of the role will require out of hours working, sometimes unplanned and on call
- Needs to be able to deal with state of the art, differentiated and often unproven technologies which require some learning on the job
- Needs to be comfortable with sometimes vague and changing scope and priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to interact and build relationships both within Shell and external suppliers
- Ability to ensure one team mind set across the various teams to drive effective delivery
Skills & Requirements :
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.