SOX Internal Controls Tester
Where you fit
Application Embedded Controls (AECs) are a subset of financial controls and an important form or automation within applications. AECs comprise of all system controls and the system elements of IT dependent (ITD) controls.
The AEC tester role is designed to carry out testing of those controls in line with SOX methodology. This position contributes to ensuring that Shell group maintains fit for purpose and design effective control framework, with specific focus on system and technical elements.
AEC Tester role is a great opportunity for Candidates with some experience in testing of system controls (ideally in SAP), who want to further grow a career in SOX/internal controls audit. Individual holding this role will become part of a global Central Testing Excellence (CTE) Team and will support the testing of internal controls effectiveness for Shell (LOD2).
What’s the role?
The AEC Tester will support in providing SOX attestation for Shell Group by:
- Testing of System and IT Dependent controls as per annual test plan covering multiple ERPs
- Providing assessment over design effectiveness of IT elements supporting the controls
- Identifying and discussing the potential control gaps and failures and with CTE Manager, Controls Owners and IT
- Supporting external auditors with AEC related queries
- Education: University degree in IT and/or Finance, Accounting, Audit, Economics, or similar.
- Professional experience: 2-3 years in IT controls or system controls audit, internal controls assurance experience;
- ERP testing experience ideally in SAP with particular focus in Sales, MM, and or FI module; understanding how SAP configuration is applied in support of the financial controls
- Good understanding of internal controls, SOX, control frameworks, risk management
- Accounting & Finance knowledge
- IT literate and solid working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Language: English fluent oral & written
- Other personal skills highly appreciated: strong analytical skills, resilience, team player, attention to detail, professional skepticism
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Key stakeholders: Design Team/Process Architects/Process Owners/IT Support team/Control Owners & Operators
Key challenges: Meeting deadlines, ensuring that support is provided in a timely manner to support key deadlines, and ad hoc initiatives such as query resolution for Shell internal audits & external audits.