Tax Analyst - MDT
Country Malaysia City/State Cyberjaya Work Location Cyberjaya
- Deliver accurate and timely tax audit support by performing data extraction, data compilation and reconciliations for Malaysia Upstream
- To support quarterly calculation, recording and reporting of tax provisions, commentaries and effective tax rate reconciliation, when required
- To support annual preparation of draft returns and calculation of liabilities
- To support tax payment estimate calculations and processing tax payments
- Develop professional working relationships with colleagues within the process and in the interface process across Finance Operations
- Meet process metrics and implement necessary actions for countries in scope.
- Update work instructions as and when applicable and also at regular intervals as per Work Instructions policy guidelines
- Configure Tax Data Request Template/Tax packs or Global Provisioning Tools and tax return tools
- Update local GAAP template, Tax Provisioning Tool master data or local tax calculation tool
- Collate information for enquiries from external auditors
- Comply to Shell Group records management & Information risk management procedures and manage the working papers and supporting documentation related to the tax returns
- Bachelors / Masters in Finance degree or Professional Qualification is preferred with 2 years of relevant experience in Direct Tax, Compliance and reporting.
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems used in Shell Group and excellent MS Office skills.
- Good understanding of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Effective influencing skills and communicator of complex tax compliance issues; both written and oral.