Maintenance Mechanic, Houston, TX (HLP)
If you’re highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, this role is for you and will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you’ll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects anywhere in the industry
Where you fit in?
Operations Craft roles at Shell are essential to the ongoing success of the company. In one of our Operations and Maintenance roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.
Shell Lubricants Plant produces, and package products used around the world. Working in Lubricants Plant, and other operations, a career in Operations andMaintenance at Shell is one right at the front line of the company’s activities. You can have a purpose-driven career with the work you will do every day and leave a positive impact on your life, your community and the world.
This role supports a 24/5 operation with occasional work on weekends. Shifts are 8 hours and rotate every 2 weeks or as needed due to coverage. Sometimes staying on a single shift will be required.
What’s the role?
- On a day to day basis, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for safely performing maintenance on production equipment within the facility. This role involves preventative maintenance, routine and non-routine reactive and non-reactive maintenance
- Safe work attitude and practical knowledge of industrial safety standards. Have experience working under Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- Identify and implement equipment improvements to increase plant reliability Communicate verbally and in writing to operators, employees, supervisors and others regarding the identification of problems withproductivity
- Previous experience working with high speed, high volume material handling equipment, fillers (volumetric and weight), drum filling equipment, cappers, de-palletizers, overhead conveyors, chains, sprockets, shafts, bearings, gear boxes packaging lines
- Perform tool preventative maintenance and keep equipment clean
- Weld and cut on steel, use hand tools, able to read drawings and take field measurements and work on scissor lifts
- Experience with proximity switches, PLC’s, electrical troubleshooting, motors and gear boxes
What we need from you?
- 2-years of current and continuous industrial mechanic or millwright experience, preferably in the high speed packaging industry experience working in a packaging plant or experience in an industrial plant or military environment
- Must be flexible to work overtime, nights and weekends when the need arises. Must be at least 18 years old, with a minimum High school diploma or GED
- Possess one of the following in a mechanical discipline Union/company Apprenticeship, an Associates degree in a mechanical field, completion of Military A school
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with/without accommodation
- Willing to support the companies drug-free work environment, harassment free work environment policy, safety policies in diversity and inclusion policies
- Must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a visa
- Possess a current , valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States Comply with all HSSE regulations, policies, standards, practices and actively participate in improving plant safety culture
- Tend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Prior Military experience in a relevant mechanical role
- Able to lift 50lbs unassisted
- This role requires candidate to have their own tools and toolbox