Commercial Project Specialist
What is the role
- Lead and/or contribute to business growth or improvement projects
- Lead cross-functional and commercial initiatives and drive improvements that support T&S imperatives of HSSE, Compliance and Growth Value agenda
- Design and implement business processes to support new business initiatives, integrated across People, Process and Systems/Technology
- Lead projects (improvements or new business), utilizing project management, continuous improvement, process design and change management toolkit, to deliver optimal business outcomes and to ensure business changes are sustained and embedded
- Collaborate with commercial, IT and extended cross functional teams to develop enterprise grade solutions, and lead implementation of improved processes and system solutions
- Design new and improved processes in compliance with T&S Control Framework. Tests implementation of new processes and determine potential data and/or controls impacts
- Engage with commercial stakeholders to pro-actively identify improvement recommendations
- Use external network/consultants or other professional partners to introduce new approaches and innovative practices from outside Shell
- Member of the Shell Energy Americas Commercial Projects Team. Reports directly to the Commercial Projects Team Lead
- Direct engagements with Commercial and Cross functional leads
- Responsible for change management and communication plans as they are directly related to projects
- Risk Manager
- Budget accountability for projects managed
- No direct reports
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- 3 plus years in Energy Trading or Commercial related roles, and Project Management Background
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or Economics
- Understanding of the Energy business and Shell Energy value drivers is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of T&S Life of a Deal process, systems landscape and connected applications
- Proven track record of delivering projects or changes. PMP Certification is a plus
- Improvement mindset essential, with proven success in leading business process re-designs or improvements, experience in Lean Six Sigma and/or Continuous Improvement certification preferred
- Spanish/Portuguese language proficiency is preferred
- Ability to successfully design and facilitate workshops, Kaizen or Agile scrums
- Ability to influence a variety of stakeholders at all levels in the organization to deliver results
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex data and leverage data to recommend solutions
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpretive and presentation skills preferred
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.