Digital Lead, Marketing Technology
Where you fit in
Shell Global Lubricants is a growth business advancing towards an accelerated growth commitment by 2025 with a 10% CAGR. Lubricants Americas plays a critical role in Shell Lubricants, at nearly 40% of Global C5 with a double-digit ROACE and significant growth potential. We are inspiring unstoppable progress through constant innovation for better and environmentally responsible Lubricants & Fluid Solutions that keep the world progressing in a reliable, efficient, and sustainable way. To win and enable growth, we must digitize our business strategy, creating a digital business. At the center of this accelerated business strategy, enabling all our strategic pillars, operational excellence, and driving employee & customer experience is the Digital Transformation team. This is an empowered, brand-new, responsive organization that’s being formed to accelerate Digital Business, reinforce change, unlock business value, and deliver operational effectiveness in support of customers. “Think Big, Start Small, Scale fast” is the mantra.
As the Supply Chain Sustainability Lead, you will be responsible for enabling a best-in-class E2E digital Omnichannel experience for our customers. You’ll be responsible for understanding how customers and consumers interact with our brands, channels, AMs, ordering, tracking systems, products, and services and improving the customer journey to achieve growth targets. Furthermore, Digital Lead(s) for Sales, and Marketing will own the innovation strategy and digital portfolio of tools that will allow Shell Lubricants NA to stay at the forefront of fast-changing and evolving customer needs, ultimately providing superior customer experience to drive long-term value.
In this role, you have the responsibility of leading the Digital Transformation journey for Marketing, including the delivery of new digitalization projects, leading the implementation of best-in-class MarTech solutions, and creating new data products and customer value propositions. You’ll be responsible for commercial delivery through innovation with Marketing trends and technologies. You will work closely across the Lubricants Americas Marketing and Sales teams, Digital Transformation team, and the broader organization to ensure that we can consistently access and act on our best-integrated customer insights across our marketing and sales activities and delivering a smooth and reliable omnichannel experience to our customers.
In Addition, Shell’s EC has recently signed off on a Customer-Back Digital Transformation program purposefully investing in digital capabilities that drive tangible business value and build capabilities that are (mostly) geared to optimizing the respective class of businesses across B2B and B2C. Powering Progress necessitates the move to a fully Customer back approach, with Digital as a critical enabler to understand and deliver on Customer needs; Your role will help Lubricants Americas to accelerate and achieve this vision.
You will also require significant coordination across functions such as Marketing, Direct, Retail, and Indirect Sales Teams across the US, Canada, and Latin America and digital teams to ensure consistency of application of the journey across the digital estate. If you’re passionate about customers, PnL, marketing, and sales enabling technologies, excited about data and Digital, motivated about making a commercial P&L impact, and at ease with uncertainty and new ways of working, then this is the role for you. Only Visionary Game Changers need apply.
You’ll be required to combine strategic thinking, technical expertise, a data-driven mindset, cross-functional collaboration, leadership, and a results-oriented approach to drive successful implementation and management of marketing technologies and data solutions within Lubes Americas digital transformation program. They should understand the sales SPANCOP process, Commercial value drivers and can gather and translate the needs of different stakeholders / Markets / Channels/sectors.
In accordance with Agile ways of working, the requirement is to take the identified opportunities and insights to actionability rapidly to gain commercial success, generate feedback, maintain quality in delivery, and drive a transformational shift in behaviors and processes. This position will need to effectively work across different teams, locally and globally, and engage with a range of business models.
What is the role
As a Digitalization Lead for Marketing, you will
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing technology and data strategy aligned with the overall digital transformation program objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify marketing technology needs, evaluate, and select appropriate marketing technology platforms, and manage vendor relationships.
- Lead the planning, implementation, and optimization of marketing technology solutions, including but not limited to customer relationship management (CRM) systems, marketing intelligence platforms, Product information management tools, marketing automation platforms, data management platforms (DMPs), e-commerce marketplaces, and analytics tools.
- You’ll work with Data Standards Owner and Analytics lead to establish and implement data governance policies and processes to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of marketing data.
- Drive the collection, analysis, and interpretation of marketing data to generate actionable insights and recommendations for marketing strategies and campaigns and help accelerate the sales pipeline through the implementation of new lead generation technologies.
- Collaborate with Global and local teams, across the value chain to ensure seamless integration of marketing technology solutions with existing systems and processes, and to drive innovation and automation in marketing operations.
- Monitor and analyze marketing technology performance metrics and make data-driven recommendations for continuous improvement and optimization of marketing technology and data management efforts.
- Stay up to date with marketing technology trends and best practices, and proactively identify opportunities to leverage new technologies and techniques to drive marketing results.
- Provide guidance and support to team members and stakeholders on marketing technology platforms, data management, and data-driven marketing strategies.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to marketing technologies, data privacy, and data security.
- Support the Lubricants NA delivery of $1.3Bln C5 and >20% ROACE by 2025 (collaborating with the wider Digital Transformation team containing Technology & Data Managers, Digital Leads, Data Product Managers, and Product Owners) and lead workstreams in integrated deal-making.
- Own Opportunity Identification and Prioritization: Accountable for understanding business priorities, value drivers, business Strategy, external benchmarks & curation/delivery of innovation and digital use cases helping increase sales and marketing productivity, identifying opportunities for innovation and digitalization in the SPANCOP process that will result in improved customers experience and share of wallet within Lubes Sales & Marketing and cross-business.
- Lead Cross Business Projects related to Commercial Excellence & SPANCOP digital innovations and integrated CRM technology portfolio.
- Product ownership of analytics solutions, responsible for the E2E product life cycle, working with the delivery team to deliver product innovation and integration.
- Drive end user backed approach in solution development, ensures user experience hence value from the product is maximized through a combination of end-user focused development and change management program.
- Product Value Delivery: tracking performance metrics for digital innovations. Making sure each digital innovation is adding revenue to the business, by continuously tracking performance, user acceptance, and change management metrics.
- Communicate Results and Business Impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
- Builds Self Insight: Creates an open culture where understanding own drivers, strengths, and development areas is actively encouraged and valued. Supports a culture where the development of people skills is given the same priority as technical skills.
- Developing Others: Sets challenging objectives for personal, team, and functional improvement and holds others to account in delivering these.
- Enabling High Performance: By delegating trust and responsibility to deliver success in their area, you'll set the standards and assume accountability for the performance required to achieve the organization’s future goals and priorities.
- Building Relationships: Creates and maintains a culture in which trust and mutual respect are valued, challenging people and systems that do not support this; Uses complex influencing strategies and conveys a strong vision to achieve results and obtain buy-in across the organization.
- Working Collaboratively: Builds a culture where involvement and sharing are seen as essential for the achievement of shared objectives and agendas. Sets a clear agenda where business areas and functions understand their contribution to the future success of the organization.
- Making Critical Decisions: Takes a flexible, agile decision-making process to shape strategic direction, responding positively to changing internal and external circumstances; Promoting a culture in which the needs and perspectives of a wide range of stakeholders and partners are at the forefront of decision-making.
- Defining and Executing Change: Acts as a catalyst for change and inspires confidence in stakeholders with the quality and conviction of their vision, building support and sponsorship at all levels and ensuring the need for change is embedded in across the organization.
- Driving Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Shapes and drives a culture of review and improvement across the organization; Strives to continually improve business processes that impact positively on the business and uphold the values.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, information technology, or a related field (MBA preferred).
- Minimum of 5+ years in marketing technology management, data management, and data-driven marketing strategies.
- Deep understanding of PnL and commercial value drivers of the Lubricants Americas business.
- Deep understanding of the SPANCOP process
- Strong understanding of marketing technology platforms, data solutions, and best practices, including but not limited to CRM systems, marketing automation platforms, DMPs, analytics tools, and data governance.
- Familiarity with digital transformation concepts and methodologies.
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and derive actionable insights.
- Experience with data-driven marketing campaigns, including segmentation, targeting, and personalization.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders and manage change.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to marketing technologies, data privacy, and data security.
- Professional certifications in marketing technologies and data management (e.g., Salesforce, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, etc.) are a plus.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Where do you fit?
- Commercial Manager Houston, United States
- Marketing Comms Advisor Houston, United States
- Senior Energy Engineer Houston, United States
- Power Trading Settlements Analyst San Diego, United States, Houston, United States
- Sr. Power Settlement Analyst San Diego, United States, Houston, United States, Spokane, United States
- B2B Energy Retail CX Lead Houston, United States