IT Operations Engineer – Salesforce
Where you Fit In:
Within Shell, Salesforce is a growing technology engine to achieve the move to market standard SaaS solutions. Providing strong technical support to various Shell businesses which have applications on the Force.com platform will be a key differentiator in how Shell IT wants to shape its operate organization.
The IT Operations Engineer should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
What’s the role?
As IT Operations Engineer, your roles and responsibilities are:
- Own the complete end-to-end the Production Support processes and operational aspects of the Force.com platform and be the single point of contact for the business for all production related activities.
- Exercise independent judgement in methods, techniques and evaluate criteria for uncovering risk in Salesforce releases and have mitigation plans.
- Triage and solve issues by expertise and collaborating with other IT teams.
- Conduct effective change management.
- Follow company’s standard ITIL processes; Track incident and problem tickets, upcoming activity and maintain dashboards for operational stability and own the DevOps pipeline for the application.
- Manage logs, fallout, escalations as well as security or audit related items in conjunction with peers, when they affect the live environment.
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the whole support team. Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of application support.
- May require working outside of normal business hours, holidays, and some weekends as the role demands.
What we need from you?
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- At least 3-5 years total experience with Salesforce applications.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce Platform & API capabilities.
- Comfortable to work with tools like Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Copado.
- Ability to think and work strategically - seeing the bigger picture.
- Good communication skills, effective internal stakeholder and able to influence using data.
- Personal attributes: hands-on mentality; keen to experiment and learn from failures; curiosity and practical creativity; comfortable with ambiguity and change; multi-cultural sensitivity.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.