North Gas Trader
What’s the role?
The role will focus on trading of physical and financial natural gas products and position management for the North Gas trading desk to manage its growing portfolio of AMA’s and gas power plant supply deals. This role will be focused on northeast gas markets with a target of producing at least $5-7M of P&L annually.
The successful candidate will work closely with other gas and power traders as well as fundamental analysts and originators to maximize value add and minimize value leakage.
- Produce P&L by trading short term East/Northeast gas markets
- Manage risks associated with physical/synthetic assets by hedging exposures through trading and physical and financial gas
- Short term physical gas trading around the desk’s AMA and gas supply obligations
- Build and develop necessary tools to collect and analyze market data efficiently and timely to maximize speculative trading profit
- Work closely with the fundamental team to formulate market views to stay ahead of market dynamic shifts in Northeast markets and understand the impact in pricing (stack model)
- Has expertise in coding to make inferences from large data sets and aid in work process improvement/automation projects. Expertise in VBA, SQL databases, SQL Reporting, C, R, Python, or other advanced programming language preferred
- Contribute to and ensure alignment with SENA's overall goals and strategies
This role requires to be onsite.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Master’s degree a plus.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in physical gas trading
- Northeast gas market knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of and adherence to industry Compliance and Regulatory rules
- Thrives in a high-pressure multi-tasking environment where time sensitive tasks/projects must be consistently delivered with high quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to make quick and well-reasoned decisions is critical
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Good human relation skills (oral and written)
The base salary range for this position is $134,000 - $200,000 per year. Individual pay will be based on various factors such as relevant work experience, education, certifications, skill level, seniority, and internal equity.
For regular full-time or regular part-time employees of the Company (participating companies as listed in the Summary Plan Description), insurance coverage options include medical, dental, vision coverage, life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs. Employees also participate in a company pension plan and a 401(k) plan. Paid leave includes up to 6 weeks of paid vacation time, up to 11 paid holidays, and parental leave offering 16 weeks of paid leave to birthing mothers, and 8 weeks of paid leave for non-birthing parents. Additionally, employees are eligible for disability leave for up to 52 weeks at 100% or 50% of base pay. Shell also offers other compensation such financial reimbursement for adoption, wellness, education, and personal learning expenses, and some roles are eligible for discretionary long-term incentives. For interns, eligible benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs; participation in a 401(k) plan; and paid leave for up to 11 paid holidays. Additional information on Shell’s US benefit programs can be found at https://www.shell.us/careers/about-careers-at-shell/rewards-and-benefits.html
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.