What’s the role?
Shell Trading and Supply (T&S) business is one of the largest crude oil trading operations in the world and this role offers a unique opportunity to be part of growing and innovative business. The business is extremely dynamic, fast moving and demanding. This highly commercial role offers an excellent opportunity to be exposed to the Global Crude Trading business and be a part of the commercial team working together with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maximize business opportunities. Business opportunities include working with companies along the entire crude vertical: upstream, midstream, and downstream.
The Business Development Structurer (Structurer) works alongside Business Development Originators and crude traders in negotiations of Transactions, from origination to close, and portfolio management. The Structurer leads discussions with internal business partners: technical teams, cross-commodity traders, finance and structured finance, legal, operations, IT, etc.
- Develop and structure commodity-based Transactions (Transactions or Structured Transactions):
- Physical transactions: Supply and offtake agreements, early pays, short term and long term prepays, physical embedded commodity hedging, credit intermediations, physical inventory monetization, asset tolling, etc.
- Financial transactions: VPPs, securitizations, RBLs, unitranche term loans, development and drill-co financings, acquisition financings, recapitalizations, restructurings, financial hedging, etc.
- Evaluate economics and key risks of transactions, such as: asset risk, technical risk, credit and financing risk, market risk, operational and ESG considerations, regulatory and compliance risks.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Originator and the counterparty on Transaction due diligence, execution, on-going relationship, and portfolio management of Structured Transactions.
- Lead discussions and work closely with internal business partners such as: finance, trade commodity finance, treasury, structured trade finance, credit, legal, market risk, analytics, operations, and IT to timely move forward deals due diligence and closing.
- Lead preparation and completion of approval memos, financial models and aid the deal lead with presentations to management for deal support.
- Assist in preparation of commercial term sheets and review of legal documents.
- Represent Shell Trading & Supply Crude in cross business forums to ensure that integrated value is identified and realized to enhance the overall end-to-end performance of the Shell Group.
- Conduct primary research to assist in the formulation of the team’s strategic direction and transversal projects.
- Ensure all transactions are compliant with relevant regulatory and compliance requirements.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- A minimum bachelor technical degree in business, finance, economics, or related degree
- 3 or more experience with a track record in commodity-based Transaction structuring, financings, investments, long-term physical transactions, or related roles i.e. investment banking, project finance, structured finance, commodity trade finance and / or structured equity.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, risk analysis and commodity analytics.
- Strong problem-solving and learner mindset with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of industry regulation and compliance.
- Project management experience, with a strong understanding of deal economics.
- Knowledge of risk management and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and inter-personal skills. Ability to work in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
The base salary range for this position is $160,000 - $240,000 per year. Individual pay will be based on various factors such as relevant work experience, education, certifications, skill level, seniority, and internal equity.
For regular full-time or regular part-time employees of the Company (participating companies as listed in the Summary Plan Description), insurance coverage options include medical, dental, vision coverage, life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs. Employees also participate in a company pension plan and a 401(k) plan. Paid leave includes up to 6 weeks of paid vacation time, up to 11 paid holidays, and parental leave offering 16 weeks of paid leave to birthing mothers, and 8 weeks of paid leave for non-birthing parents. Additionally, employees are eligible for disability leave for up to 52 weeks at 100% or 50% of base pay. Shell also offers other compensation such financial reimbursement for adoption, wellness, education, and personal learning expenses, and some roles are eligible for discretionary long-term incentives. For interns, eligible benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, and Occupational Accidental Death Benefit programs; participation in a 401(k) plan; and paid leave for up to 11 paid holidays. Additional information on Shell’s US benefit programs can be found at https://www.shell.us/careers/about-careers-at-shell/rewards-and-benefits.html
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.