Associate - Credit Debt Collection - German Speaker
As an Associate - Credit Debt Collection, you will be responsible for performing debt collection activities. This will require creating very good working relationships with the local Credit Team, Sales, and other business partners. Having the ability to meet with the customers to discuss a range of issues but still maintain a solid relationship wherever possible.
- Performing debt collection activities for Shell operating units
- Ensuring that customer debts are collected in line with contracted payment terms and in accordance with Downstream Credit Manual
- Adhering to the escalation process in carrying out the debt collection activities
- Managing release of credit blocked orders
- Maintaining and fostering good working relationships with Sales, the business, and with relevant Financial Operations business partners
- Performing dispute initiation and monitoring of resolution in accordance with the defined SLA.
- Performing cash allocation and investigate payment discrepancy reasons if the customer fails to provide it in their remittance data.
- Recommending and implementing solutions for regular offenders, bad payers.
- Providing support to the Debt Collection Supervisor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Degree in Accounting or any related Finance/Business course preferred but not essential
- Pro-activeness and demonstrating full ownership of assigned tasks
- English - business proficiency level
- Very good command of German - ( B2/C1 level)
- Experience in finance or related area would be an asset
- Degree in Accounting or any related Finance/Business course preferred would be an asset however is not essential