Data Visualizations Specialist (Power BI)
Country Poland City/State Krakow Work Location Krakow
TAO - SSW (Subsurface and Wells) Team is tasked with delivering perceptible value to Upstream business units within Shell through Analytics driven decision making.
- This position is part of TAO - Subsurface and wells (Technical Reporting) team delivering advanced Data Solution projects for upstream businesses within Shell
- Incumbent is responsible for supporting the development of technical models for projects collaborating with different business stakeholders & other partners and working across a range of technologies and tools.
- Deliver high-quality Data Solutions/Visualizations by Adhering to the required software development standards.
- Work in a collaborative team-oriented environment with the business and IT to complete application development by assisting in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions/ Visualizations
- Involve in all phases of software development and Develop documentation throughout the life cycle Maintain and develop codebase, troubleshooting bugs, resolve issues and enhancements.
- Perform Peer code review, suggest improvements and assist them to deliver quality deliverables with the minimum standard.
- Adopt and Implement best practices in coding, unit testing and test cases.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Degree/master’s in information management (degree in relevant Oil & Gas discipline an advantage). A keen desire and ability to learn new things and assimilate knowledge will be essential.
- 3 years of experience building analytical models desirable.
- Good hands on experience in Spotfire / Microsoft PowerBI Pro tools.
- Ability to act as Business analyst and capable to work on Agile methodology. Good experience in documenting the work and Unit test cases.
- Ability to transform business level requirements to efficient dashboards and visualizations
- Proficient knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes schemas, dimensional modeling and reporting tools
- Experience in inserting columns, Data on demand, property controls, text areas, properties of different charts.
- Good experience in connecting Spotfire/PowerBI to SharePoint, Flat files, relational database as source & Unstructured Database.
- Created Parameterized Report, Dashboard Report, Linked report and Sub Report based on metrics
- Experience in creating customized visualizations & expressions is mandatory
- Good knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI architecture and do have experience in creating reports by implementing security restrictions.
- Knowledge in creating Drill Down Reports, Drill Through Report for any specific metric
- Proficiency in advanced features like multiple filtering scheme, multiple marking, multiple data table and relation between multiple data table, property control etc
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions in PowerBI
- Knowledge/Experience in connecting Spotfire visualization to the webportal (ex Odata connection)
- Troubleshoot visualizations to understand the issues/metrics on dashboards
- Exposure to create R graphics (visualizations) in Spotfire and iron Python scripting is an added advantage
- Stakeholder management, effective cooperation with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working across a complex landscape of Applications which often have subtly different processes and approaches in different OUs.
- Usage of influencing and communication skills is crucial to ensure that expected results are delivered by different stakeholders in various parts of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities, work without close supervision, work through to deliver results.