Financial Controller Renewables & Energy Solutions
If you would like to learn more about the growing Renewables and Energy Solutions business and work in a very dynamic and constantly changing environment, this role gives you that opportunity. It is also a great way to develop end-to-end R&A skills, as you will have accountability for a number of entities within the R&ES Europe portfolio, playing a key role in the management of the Legal Entity by ensuring quality financial reporting and compliance. If you have strong accounting, process and financial controls background and are keen to develop further in dynamic and fast-paced team, this could be the opportunity for you.
Where do you fit in?
Reporting directly to the R&A Lead R&ES Europe you will be the part of the e2e R&A team supporting the business. You will work closely with the colleagues within the team, as well as across the organization, including wider SBO, FiB and business to deliver good quality financial accounting and reporting. You will be responsible for all financials, including actuals, latest estimates and plan submissions for entities within your scope. Entities in scope may be a mix of fully integrated Shell entities and non-integrated (portfolio) companies. Next to this you’ll actively help the team identify process improvement opportunities and be empowered to deliver and implement them, sharing best practice and your learnings along the way.
What’s the role?
• For integrated companies in scope, complete all assigned standard, non-standard, complex process activities (General Ledger, Group Reporting, Management Information, Fixed assets, Statutory, FYLE, Plan and other) in a timely and accurate manner. Perform accounts reconciliation in Blackline tool, including owner/supervisor role for other entities
• For Portfolio Companies, be the main point of contact for venture finance team to ensure meeting Group requirements and deadlines for planning and reporting.
• Work in process heavily loaded towards deadlines
• Play a role of Legal Entity Controller for companies in scope.
• Play an oversight role for less complex entities within team.
• Cooperate with various stakeholders (from Shell Business Operations in Krakow, Global Reporting and Analysis Teams, Group Reporting, Business Partners and Auditors).
• GFRM / IFRS subject matter expert - provide expertise to FO and non-FO stakeholders
• Provide support to auditors including statutory, JV partner, government/regulatory, tax and SIA
• Ensure processes are proportionate to the value they drive or risk they mitigate and ‘speak up’ and challenge where unnecessary activities are taking place. Actively contribute to identification of improvement opportunities and support their implementation
• Formulate and effectively communicate concise performance insights to senior leaders
• Execute financial controls, ensuring operational and design effectiveness of the controls
• Build trust and confidence in cooperation within Finance Operations
• Exceptionally strong team-working across the process area is essential
• Necessity to constantly update knowledge within finance
* A strong understanding of financial accounting, reporting and controls, including IFRS and ability to efficiently execute standard process whist ensuring appropriate levels of compliance, an accounting degree is preferred (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
* 6 years of experience in finance, accounting area
* Experience in SAP, especially S4hana would be an advantage. Strong excel skills.
* Ability to understand data quickly and translate complex financial information into insightful analysis, understandable for both financial and non-financial stakeholders
* Ability to remain resilient under time pressure and independently prioritise multiple competing priorities whilst maintaining appropriate attention to detail
* Strong communication and partnering skills with ability to collaborate across a matrix organisation
* Improvement mindset, with experience of identifying and driving improvement projects
* Openness to embrace change and remain focused even where ambiguity exists
* Ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
* Excellent communication skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills. Excellent written and spoken business level in English