HR Advisor with German (Business Partnering)
HR Operations provides a range of services, focusing on ensuring that Shell employees and line managers get the best support and advice on HR related matters. Since 2015 the Krakow HR Operations team and HR teams in NL, UK, Norway, and Germany have been closely integrated, planning joint agendas and priorities based on both country and business needs. HR Operations supports all aspects of the employee lifecycle for employees located in Europe and Africa, international transfers included.
In 2018, as part of HR Journey to World-class, major reorganization led to further growth and rebranding of HR Operations. Within HR Operations, HR Advice was created to partner with line managers on HR related matters like resourcing, performance management etc.
SBO Krakow is also a hub for global teams such as the International Mobility Tax Compliance, Performance and Reward Operations (which manages the merit and bonus process for the whole Shell) or HR System Support team (which aids all HR systems such as Workday, Shell People, Salesforce). In addition to HR Operations roles, there are HR staff located in Krakow who perform global HR or HR Centre of Excellence roles.
Purpose of the role:
As our organisation matures, we are currently looking for passionate senior HR professionals to join our HR Advice team dedicated for managers in DACH region. The main purpose of the role is to partner with line managers on a broad range of HR matters and provide seamless end-to-end resolution of their HR queries. Queries may include, but not limited to: Performance Management, Development, Policy Guidance,Exit/ Redundancy management; Absence management; Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice and specific site/location practices. The HR Advisors are also to provide coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping them to deal with HR related matters related to their teams.
• Responsible for delivering HR advice to line managers and supporting employees with more complex HR-related cases.
• Provides seamless end-to-end resolution of HR queries to line managers and employees. Queries may include, but not limited to: Exit/ Redundancy management; Policy guidance; Absence management; Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice
• Coordinates with Global and/or Local HR Consultants in case of (large scale) change initiatives, to ensure proper HR Advice support is provided to these initiatives (e.g. large reorgs, office moves).
• Partners with line managers on most complex HR matters, provide operational as well as tactical HR support. For example, support line managers with performance management to heighten productivity; coach and support managers on team effectiveness strategies/resources.
• Provides guidance and practical expertise to Line Managers on policy related issues to ensure the best performance of his/her team and the individuals within it.
• Recognizes salutations in the business, through line manager request/interaction and case handling that call for intervention. Partner effectively with HR colleagues to analyse and intervene if needed.
• Responsible for delivering great employee experience through pro-actively addressing employee and line manager needs.
• Provides coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping the line managers to deal with HR related matters confidently, correctly and timely.
• Establishes strong working relationship with colleagues in country and the Center of Excellence to ensure the team can effectively partner when the situation requires.
• Highlights and escalates issues with strategic, legal, employee relations or reputational risk to appropriate parties.
Proven track of experience (5+ years) in effective partnering with a range of stakeholders/business partners;
Solid understanding of how HR adds value to the business;
Previous experience in Business facing roles in international environment;
Problem solving and decision-making skills
The ability to coach and offer advice, including ability to diagnose business needs and offer possible alternative solution
Ability to proactively support change with stakeholders and colleagues
Skills in having effective contracting conversations, with the ability to manage expectations and bring a constructive challenge
Partnering skills and understanding how HR can contribute to the business
HR Information & Analysis skills
Understanding of policy intent with knowledge of when exceptions should be applicable
Ownership; end to end accountability for resolution