Payroll Specialist - NL (fixed term)
Where you fit in
If you have a keen interest in energy solutions and are energized by the opportunity to shape and deliver the talent strategy of Shell, this could be an opportunity for you. The Energy Solutions and Talent Trends will change the business environment, the way we work and the types of capabilities/skills we will need. Talent, therefore, remains a key differentiator for Shell and Talent Management is Vertically Driven, Horizontally Assured, Country Connected. You will be at the heart of attracting, developing, and retaining the very best talent, through end-to-end resourcing planning and deployment, enabled by talent professionals as partners to the business, delivering together.
What’s the role?
As a Resourcing Advisor, you will act as the resourcing delivery expert, look after the external recruitment activities and be responsible for identifying candidates with highly specialized skills to fill current and future demands in Thailand. You will be an integral part of the country HR team, reporting to Recruiter.
- Attend a Job Brief Meeting (JBM) together with Recruiter and Hiring Manager to better understand the role requirements, discuss timelines, and resourcing strategies.
- Review job description and ensure it is inclusive and able to attract diverse experienced professionals.
- Create and post external requisitions on the Shell Careers website, LinkedIn, and relevant job boards as necessary to pool external candidates for current open and future positions.
- Manage payment related to recruitment e.g., job posting fee, recruitment agency fee.
- Review candidate applications and create a shortlist to share with Recruiter and/or Hiring Manager.
- Collaborate with the business to proactively identify future hiring needs.
- Proactively source and map the external market for both active and future vacancies.
- Build and maintain high quality of talent pipelines.
- Assist on recruitment marketing Open House event, trainee program and other recruitment campaigns.
- Act as a Shell Ambassador in the external market, engaging important networks and associations.
- Act as the primary focal point for candidate assessment.
- Contact candidates to schedule interviews and final assessment.
- Liaise with interviewers and assessors to secure schedules for interviews and final assessments.
- Handle and resolve assessment queries from hiring managers, interviewers, assessors, and candidates.
- Build and maintain good working relationship with relevant stakeholders.
- Anticipate and mitigates potential issues that may arise throughout the assessment process.
Hire and Onboard
- Contact successful candidates for required information and document to proceed hiring action.
- Conduct reference check for successful candidate.
- Initiate pre-employment check and verify that condition or requirement are met.
- Manage contract of employment, including, schedule contract signing day with the candidates.
- Perform and complete system action for hiring process. Ensure that necessaries are set up for new hire e.g., employee profile, IT account, IT devices.
- Be responsible for all hiring related documentation and filing both physical and electronical. Ensure that all documents are recorded and maintained accurately.
- Conduct HR onboarding session for new joiners.
What we need from you
To be a successful Resourcing Advisor, you will have:
- Minimum 2-4 years HR experiences preferably more on recruitment experiences.
- Master’s Degree in MBA/Business Administration/Human Resources or related field is preferred.
- Overseas education is preferred and fluent in communication in English.
- Well versed in the sourcing process: Planning, Proactive Sourcing/Talent Mapping, Screening, and Interviewing.
- Preferably relevant recruitment and/or sourcing experience in resourcing for Oil & Energy/Renewables-related roles.
- Excellent stakeholder management, communication, and presentation skill.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- A strong curiosity to learn and demonstrated ability to nurture a psychologically safe and inclusive environment within which teams and individuals can thrive.
- Strong team orientation; able to proactively contribute to the Country HR team and others. Works effectively in virtual and diverse teams.
- Change agility with an outside-in and future orientation to develop resourcing strategies and drive decisions that address future trends.
- Proactive, takes initiative and effectively deals with challenges.
- Preferably proficient in Workday Recruiting, LinkedIn Recruiter, and/or Power BI.
If you don’t see yourself reflected in the job requirements on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Shell is committed to creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to send in your applications.
Shell’s presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand. The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand. For more than 130 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country’s developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.