Portfolio Manager- Legal
The Portfolio Manager (PfM) Legal Supports Snr Portfolio Manager Legal & Cross Functions in the managing the Legal IT business Portfolio to its full extent aligned to the cluster of applications.
The Portfolio manager is responsible for collaborating with corresponding IT delivery teams including Architecture, IRM, Support Teams & other ITY teams to ensure that technology development is correctly structured to enable the target scope, business vision, roadmap, and fulfils agreed KPIs irrespective of technology and associated lifecycles.
Delivery Management & Assurance: Orchestrates and manages development lifecycles corresponding to the in-scope technology stack for performance against agreed KPIs in line with business vision and roadmap.
Establishes automatic alerts & data driven timely reporting to notify appropriate individuals & leadership when critical schedule, financial or resource thresholds are exceeded or when project conflicts arise. Reports & manages escalations, where required, to resolve fulfilment issues, working their resolution across organisational boundaries, where required.
Enterprise Compliance: Shapes development and delivery scope, including all Project aspects, Project Delivery Framework to comply to agreed Enterprise IT standards. Actively seeks insight and definition of upcoming Legal, Regulatory, IRM driven compliance requirements that require to be assessed and framed for implementation and delivery of Projects in the portfolio.
Value Generation & Protection: Ensures the delivery of value outcomes by applying investment discipline to IT expenditure and rigour in benefits realisation. Intervenes and escalates to their Line / Senior leadership where return on investment is not being realised driving decision making on the resolution roadmap. Demonstrates significant commercial skill, role modelling behaviours that emphasise commercial mindset, customer centrism, and competitive differentiation.
Stakeholder Management: Drives a One Team mindset; works closely with the line manager to understand, align, restructure and shape how development and delivery scope aligns to overarching strategic success goals, Line of Business objectives, and consumer expectations. Assess quickly and communicate all relevant information horizontally and vertically within the organization allowing objective decisions to be made about project priorities, future investments and resource utilization outside of regular project reporting.
Business Intelligence: Demonstrates unrivalled understanding of business and consumer including strategic imperatives and desires. Recognises, tracks and fully understands the impact of key decisions, changes and development trends. Enables the IT journey through ruthless focus on full development activities with ITY project team.
Innovation: Thrives to build consistent use of innovation methods and data driven insights across technology development teams through proposals, plans and insights to their leadership teams.
Others: The role requires dynamic behaviour with full insight to TCO and orchestrates associated activity for EOL. In addition the role is expected to fulfil activities related the maintaining up-to-date demand funnel, integrated plans.
• Experience with technical assurance and expertise to support full project & portfolio lifecycle including discovery, development / agile delivery and operations
• Notable skills as a technical thought leader to develop associated project/portfolio roadmaps
• Ability to guide and support end-to-end project & portfolio management activities and delve into understanding new functionalities/changes impacting associated roadmaps
• Expertise to work through complexity and across organizational boundaries to broker agreements and bring together the right capabilities at the right time
• Demonstrated leadership and team enablement skills centred on collaboration and ability to inspire innovation and consumer orientation across teams
• Broad network beyond Shell into peer organisations, technology partners, and thought leaders
• Resilience, courage and the willingness to challenge and manage business expectations